Chapter 59

Ayaan's P.O.V. 

I returned Ankita's phone and was going back to the stage when I turned back and saw her talking on the phone. Not leaving the chance to scold her, I was approaching her when my steps halted on hearing the name that came out of her mouth. She was speaking to Rohan, telling him that she loves him and wants to cuddle with him all night and sleep. For a moment, I was numb. Rohan was with her in Goa? The sight of them sleeping together flashed before my eyes and I went up to her. She kept saying I love you and it still pained me. Calming my anger a bit so that I perhaps don't do anything too stupid, I said, "If you have finished talking to your baby then can you get back to work?" She turned and looked at me startled. "I'll talk to you when I reach home," she said and hang up. I stood looking at her gulping her saliva and unsure about looking into my eyes or steal them. "Miss Ankita, I had this rule clear earlier today. I gave you back your phone telling you that it rang, not because I want you to call your lover but so that I don't have to be irritated at its ringing. Why can't you just follow my rules? Are you that fond of breaking rules?" I said. "Sorry sir," she said bending her head. "This!" I said harsh fully raising her head by her chin, "Stop doing this! I told you already, don't act sorry. You always do things to make people hate you. You disgust me." A tear dropped from her eye and my anger had slightly calmed down. "Let's go," I said and walked back to my car. She followed behind sniffing and wiping her tears. Sitting in the car, I sped off and raced the car back into the town. My anger had reached its peak. After ruining my life, she and Rohan has settled here, living their best. I wasted three years of my life looking for her and she was cuddling with Rohan and sleeping peacefully every night. "Sir, can you slow down a bit?" She asked. I mashed the brake with all my strength and without looking at her, I said, "Get out." "Sir...." she started but I yelled with all my frustration, "Get out!" 

She slowly got out of the car and I sped off once more. Reaching the hotel, I ordered a bottle of whiskey and got at it. Her words kept ringing in my ears and I couldn't handle it. "I hate you Ankita. I hate you," I said. After finishing my bottle, I took out my phone and called her number but a small boy answered, "Hello." "Who is this?" I asked. "This is my mummy's phone. Whom would you like to speak to?" The child asked. My world came crashing down on me. Not only was Ankita living with Rohan, she also gave birth to his child? Ankita has her own family! Tears flowed from my eyes and my heart burnt. 

Ankita's P.O.V. 

I began walking on the lonely road that Ayaan left me on. My head was hurting very badly and my vision was getting blurry. My head felt extremely light and my knees couldn't support my body any longer. Before I knew it, darkness engulfed me and my hearing began getting worst until I heard not a sound. 

My eyes slightly opened back and I felt extremely drowsy. Looking around, I spotted Priya in a standing besides me on a hospital bed. She frowned at me with a file in her hand. "Priya? How did I reach here?" I asked. "You passed out on the road and a lady brought you here," she said. I held my temples hurting and hissed. "Ankita..." she started but stopped hesitantly. "What?" I asked. "The results from your MRI that you did some days ago came back," she said. I frowned. "What do they say?" I asked. She sat besides me and said, "You have a brain tumor." My world came crashing down on me. My heart raced in anxiety and I looked at her dumbfounded. "But you don't have to worry. It's not as big to be fatal. Once we treat it in time, you can be saved," she said. "I want to go home," I said. "I would suggest you remain here," she said. "Please Priya. I want to go home," I said. "Ok. I'll get your discharge papers ready and we'll leave," she said and left. I held onto Maa's ring and closed my eyes. "I'm coming to you soon. We'll be together again soon," I said. Priya came back and we left the hospital. "I think we should tell everyone," she said. "No. Rohan won't be able to handle this and Nana and Nani will be broken," I said. "But you cannot hide this," she said. "I won't hide it. I will just tell them when the correct time comes," I said, "But you have to promise me also that you won't tell anyone anything about this." She nodded. We reached their house and they were sitting outside. Seeing us, they stood up and Rohan came running to us. He hugged his mother and Nani came hurrying behind him. "Where were you two? Do you know how worried we were?" She said.