Chapter 24

Ankita's P.O.V.

Ayaan's closeness wasn't helping my brain think. And his words were doing unexplainable things to me. Was he confessing his love to me? Or was he simply asking if I loved someone else? If it's the first, then I will also confess how much I love him and since when. If it's the second, then I will clear his misunderstanding although I told him already that there is no one in my life. "Tell me Ankita, I need to know your answer," he said. "Is this a confession? Do you love me?" I asked. He looked at me silently. Slowly, his hands from around me began to loosen and he stepped back from me. With a huge frown on his face, he bent his head and turned around. My heart broke. Does this mean that he doesn't love me? I frowned and bent my head low in embarrassment. Turning around to me, he said, "Give me twenty-four hours and I will give you the answer." I began stepping back and shook my head. "Ok Ayaan. Twenty-four hours. Not a minute more, not a minute less," I said. He took a step closer to me and said, "Meet me back in this same spot tomorrow night. You will get your answer." He left me and went away. I turned and looked at him walking away hastily. My heart raced and throbbed in my ribcage without control. I couldn't keep myself standing since my knees felt weak and I sat down. 

The next morning came after a long night. I couldn't sleep the entire night since everytime I closed my eyes, Ayaan's face came before me. When I opened my eyes, I didn't want to wait twenty-four hours. I changed my clothes and went outside to start the day but stopped as I was about to bounce into someone. From his perfume, I recognised him and my heartbeat increased suddenly. Without daring to raise my eyes, I hang my head low. "Good morning," his deep and manly voice said to me. "Good morning," I said and left from there immediately. Halfway, I turned back and looked at Ayaan staring at me from where I left him. Princy stood and talked to us a bit before we went away to rehearse. Sitting on the log and waiting for Ayaan, I decided to call Rohan. Dialing his number, I was waiting for him to pick up when Ayaan came. He stood on the stage and looked at me with a huge frown. I don't think that I should have asked him that question last night. Our friendship might be in danger now and I can't lose this. Having him close to me with our friendship being the excuse is just enough for me and for memories to remain with me for the rest of my life. I can't lose this friendship for my one sided love. "Hello?" Rohan spoke in my ear through the phone. Looking at Ayaan, I said to him, "I'll call you back." I hung up the phone and brought a smile to my face to look normal. Standing up, I asked, "Have you guys eaten breakfast?" They all shook their heads in no while Ayaan frowned. "Ok, you guys start, I'll get something for you to eat," I said and went away. Quickly, I filled a tray of whatever was available for breakfast at the camp and went back with it. To my surprise, they were all sitting on the stage and chatting. I brought back my smile to my face and went onto the stage. Serving them each a plate, I then went to Ayaan who was adjusting the strings on his guitar. Bending down with the tray in my hands, he looked at me a bit surprised and then took the last plate. He took a cup of coffee and I stood straight. As I turned around, he asked, "Aren't you going to eat?" I turned back to him and said, "I'm not hungry. I'll eat afterwards." "That won't work. You have to eat right now," he said holding my hand. I looked at his hand clutching onto mine and slowly sat down with him. He took up a morsel of food and brought it to my mouth. Looking at him with a frown, I ate the food. 

"Are you only acting normal or did you really not remember anything from last night?" He asked eating a morsel of food. "What do you mean?" I asked bending my head. "Don't fool me Ankita. I know you very well," he said sternly. "You got to know me very well in two days?" I asked. "Two days are still too much. It took me only two seconds to know you," he said. This made me helplessly blush. Looking at him, he stretched his hand out with his cup of coffee and I took it. Sipping it, I frowned at the taste and without thinking, I spat it back into the cup. God, coffee tastes so bitter! I looked at Ayaan with his mouth open. "Sorry," I said frowning, "Actually, I hate coffee. I only drink..." But he cut me off saying, "Tea." A small smile came to my face and I nodded. "I'll make you another coffee," I said about to get up. He held my hand and I sat back down. "I prefer tea now," he said with a smile. Again, I was blushing. "If your romance is over then can we practice?" Sam asked in the back. I looked at Ayaan with a smile and shook my head. I leaned a bit closer to him and whispered, "By the way, you have fifteen hours left." He frowned at me and I got up and went back to the log. Standing up, he hung the guitar on one of his shoulders and tested it by strumming a bit. Looking back the his four chorus singers, he asked, "Are you ready?" They all showed a thumbs up and he sang...