Chapter 37

Ankita's P.O.V.

Ayaan and I went to Uncle Jason's house and walking up the stairs, Namu came out and looked at us with a smile. "Wow! You are here already!" he said. Reaching to the top of the stairs, he hugged me and from the corner of my eyes, I could see Ayaan frowning. Breaking the hug, he looked at Ayaan silently. "Ayaan, this is Namu....Namit. Namu, this is Ayaan," I said introducing them both. "Pleasure to meet you," Namit said stretching his hand out. Ayaan looked at him with a nasty stare but shook his hand saying, "Pleasure is all mine." Looking at me, Namu held my hand and pulled me inside saying, "Come Anu! Look at the feast Mom made for you!" Ayaan followed quietly behind. I met Uncle Jason and Aunty Sheila by the dining table and hugged them. "When Namit said that you were coming to have lunch with him, I cooked all your childhood goodies," Aunty Sheila said. I smiled and said, "He still eats this stuff?" "Of course I do! Any problem?" Namit said. Shaking my head, I said, "You will..." and he completed for me saying, "Never change." Turning to Ayaan, I introduced him, "This is Ayaan." Uncle Jason went and stood next to him and said, "From the first time I saw you, I knew you were someone special." He finally smiled slightly and looked at me saying, "Someone's charms took away my heart." I turned red. "Anu, come with me," Namit said holding my hand and breaking my stare. He pulled me to our childhood's most favourite place, a small seat by the window. Sitting there, I looked at Ayaan doing something on his phone. I looked at Namu and said, "I'll just be back. Give me a minute." I followed Ayaan and heard him on the phone, "Everything's fine Mom. I'm fine." After a pause, he said, "I'll call you later." Hanging up the phone, he turned around and looked at me surprised. "Are you spying on me?" he asked. I smiled and stepped outside in front of him saying, "You think that?" He leaned against the railing on the stairs and sort of sat on it. "You tell me," he said. I went closer to him and said, "I know that you might be a bit upset seeing the way Namu and I are. But trust me, it is nothing wrong. We are just friends." "I trust your loyalty," he said, "But don't trust mine. The day you stray from your loyalty, I will kill you."

I arched my eyebrow saying, "Oh really?" "Really," he said. My fingers crawled up his arm as I said softly and seductive, "Do you have courage to kill me?" "Try me," he said. My index finger stroked up his neck and left cheek. He grabbed onto my hand and stopped me. "Someone is behaving naughty," he said. "You love has intoxicated my mind," I said, "I can't think of anything else." I leaned a bit closer to him for a kiss but someone interrupted calling, "Anu!" Ayaan closed his eyes in annoyance and dropped his shoulder. I stepped away from him as Namit came outside. "Anu, come on. Lunch is ready," he said holding my hand. I looked at an irritated Ayaan and said, "Come." "You go, I'll make a call and come real quick," he said. I nodded and went inside with Namit. Sitting at the table, Ayaan came inside and as he was about to sit next to me, Namit sat down, taking the place. I could see that Ayaan was hurt. He was really being patient for me. "Try this," Namit said serving me while Ayaan took another seat. We started lunch and I kept looking at how uninterested Ayaan was while Namit couldn't stop with our childhood tales. "Mom, do you remember how madly in love we were? We even thought that we would get married when we grow up," he said. My face turned pale as I looked at Ayaan who was listening. He dropped the spoon on the plate and had the biggest frown. His fists clenched and I could feel the tension within him. "Namit, that was all childhood things. Everything has changed now," I said. "Yeah, you're right. You have the lucky guy with you," he said. Ayaan looked at his phone and it began ringing. Answering it, he said, "Yes sir, we will be back." Hanging up, he said, "Princy called us back to the camp." I frowned asking, "Why?" "I don't know. But he said that it is urgent," he said. Looking at Uncle Jason and Aunty Sheila, they said, "It's ok. I am happy that you still spent some time with us. And we will definitely meet you again." I nodded and said to Ayaan, "Shall we?" He nodded and we got up. Reaching downstairs, Ayaan stopped a taxi and I looked at him confused.