Chapter 18

Ankita's P.O.V.

I was in shock that Rohan was standing in front of me. "You played the piano beautifully," he said and gave me a peck on my forehead. I smiled and said, "Thank you." "But why were you leaving?" he asked frowning in disappointment. "I didn't have your strength I guess," I said. "Hmm...you know to play with words very well," he said. I hugged him and said, "I have some people to introduce you to." "Really, then what are we waiting for?" he asked side hugging me. "Let's go," I said and we began walking. "Tell me something truthfully, did you miss my tea company?" he asked. "When you meet this person, you will know," I said. He stopped and looked at me. "You made a new tea bestie?" he asked. "No one is as special as you yet, but yes," I said. "Now for sure I will have to meet this person," he said and we continued walking until we reached Sandu and his family. Sandu looked at me while serving some tea to people. "Hi," he said. "Hi," Rohan said stretching his hand out for a handshake. Sandu shook his hand and looked at me for an introduction. Hugging Rohan, I said, "This is my best friend for Mumbai. My tea companion, my everything." "Rohan?" he asked. I nodded. Rohan looked at me surprised. "This means that my competition knows my name!" he said. "Forgive me sir, I am no one's competition. I only befriended this girl because she saw a poor man like me fit to be her friend. And she has a beautiful heart," Sandu said. "No, you misunderstood me. I was only joking," Rohan said, "I know how this crazy girl can be. For tea, she can befriend even her enemy." "Ok now, enough talks. Sandu, serve him some tea. Let him taste Manali's best," I said. "Coming right up," he said. "Oh! And less sugar with loads of milk," I said. He nodded. Turning to his family, I introduced everything to Rohan. Sitting with them, everyone had a glass of tea and were chatting. It wasn't long after, Ayaan came to the stall. He looked at me and then turned to Sandu. "One tea please," he said. I frowned and felt the burden of his help on my shoulders which could have only be lessened with a thank you.

Rohan turned to me and saw me looking at him. Ayaan looked around like normal but my eyes couldn't seem to leave him. Once or twice, he looked at me and then looked away again. Sandu served him the tea and he offered him money. "Thank you," he said and stood right there, sipping the tea. "Hey," Sandu started, "You're the same person who started cheering for Ankita, aren't you?" He looked at me silently and then nodded. I looked at Rohan and then bent my head. "Ankita, seriously, he's a nice guy. He cheered and gave you courage to remain on the stage," Sandu's mother said to me. I looked at him quietly. He gulped down the last set of tea in his glass and then said resting the glass down, "The tea was nice. Thank you." He left and was walking away. Quickly, I rested my glass down and said, "Excuse me." I ran behind him but he was walking too fast that I couldn't stop him to thank him. The faster I do this, the better I will feel. I lost him in the crowd and frowned disappointed. I went back to the stall and sat next to Rohan. Putting his arm around me, he said, "You will get the chance to say thanks." I nodded and looked at the crowd where he disappeared into. Later that night, everyone began to leave for their homes and I was walking along the road with Rohan. "Where are you staying?" I asked. "At the hotel," he said. "I wish you could have stayed with me in the camp," I said. "It's ok. I'll meet you everyday. And besides, it's you I came for," he said. "Where can someone find a better friend than you?" I said. "Not on planet Earth," he said. I giggled. He stopped and held my shoulders turning me to him, "Are you ok?" I smiled and said, "To be honest, I wasn't until now. But since you are here, I have my pillar of strength to lean on." "You are telling the truth, right?" he asked. I nodded. We walked to the camp and I wasn't feeling like leaving him just yet but the weather was freezing and if we remained outside too long, we could fall sick. He left me and went back to his hotel and I went inside my room. 

I looked at Preeti sleeping peacefully with the heater turned on. I went on the bed and pulled the covers over me. Taking out my diary, I turned on my table lamp and wrote...