prelude

She entered the fully decorated room nervously by holding the glass of milk in her hand while twisting the ends of her saree

She entered the fully decorated room nervously by holding the glass of milk in her hand while twisting the ends of her saree. Her nervousness became even more obvious when she noticed his presence upon entering the room.

She gulped a lump uneasily and approached him slowly before stretching her hand to hand over the glass to him, only to be thrown away by him on the floor. Her eyes went wide at his action as she subconsciously took a step back.

She snapped out of her reverie when she heard the shattering sound of the glass.  Too shocked at his sudden outburst, she lifted her eyes to meet his gaze but the look in his eyes made her tremble in fear even more as it was the first time he was looking at her with the obvious loathe and hate.

Gripping her arm tightly in his hold, he brought his face so close to hers. Ignoring her painful whimpers, he looked into her eyes with the trace of pain, hurt, and anger that were possibly evident in them as his heart was wrenching in pain at her deception. So when compared to his pain, her pain was nothing.

"Why?"

"Why did you do this to me? You knew it all along..right? So was it your purpose and intention behind getting close to my family?"

After saying so, he released a mirthless laugh while tightening his grip even more but after that initial whimpering, she just stood in front of him as an emotionless doll, silently accepting all his accusations.

"Yuktha, why have I never seen this conniving face of yours? I don't know what you will achieve by trapping me in this marriage but let me tell you, whatever it is, I swear on my life that I will never let you achieve it."

"I hate being played by someone and you played with me. I hate being forced into doing something and you are forced on me."

"So listen, you can be the daughter-in-law of this family. You can even be the daughter of my parents but you can never be my wife because there is never a person I have ever hated with my guts as much as I hate you. I hate you to the extent that I wish you to disappear from my life forever." He spat out those hurtful words, not the knowing impact that they have caused on her already bruised heart.

Hearing his words, a sob threatened to escape her mouth but she somehow controlled herself and blinked away the tears before looking into her husband's cold eyes.

"Don't worry. I don't have any hidden motives. Even if I tell you the truth now, you won't believe me because, in your eyes, I am the person who is not worthy of your trust but believe me, I will never bring any harm to your family members and I will try my best to make my presence as minimum as possible in this house." She said monotonously before crouching onto the floor to pick up those broken shards when he left his hold on her.

She flinched hard when she heard the loud thud of the door, indicating that he had left the room in tiff. She bit down her lips to control her tears but hissed when one of the broken shards pricked her finger, leaving a slight abrasion.

Though the wound was so small, she still brought it close to her heart while sitting on the floor and started sobbing slowly.

"Why is it paining too much?" Saying this, she clutched her heart while burying her face on her knees. Only she knows whether it was her heart or her hand that was paining.

After a while, she lifted her head from her knees and stared ahead blankly as the tears were flowing continuously like broken pearls.

"If only you knew, Indra.. If only.." She impassively mumbled to herself.

Hope you guys have enjoyed the prologue

This story is gonna be a little different from my previous stories but I can assure you that there won't be any abusive scenes.

I will try to publish this book regularly.

Hope you guys will extend your support to this book too.