chapter 5

Unedited

Unedited.

After not getting any response from her, I stood up and sauntered towards the hanger to grab a woolen shrug to cover her as it was quite cold outside because of the winter breezes.

Moving towards her, I hurriedly draped that shrug around her shoulders and lifted her in my arms before marching outside.

Coming outside, I placed her carefully in the passenger seat before securing her with the seat belt. Then I again make a run to lock the main door of the house and rushed to my car. As I got into it, I started driving her to the neighboring hospital.

Once I reached it, I scurried to her side and again I hoisted her unconscious form in my arms before making my way inside.

"What's the problem?" One of the nurses approached me and asked me immediately after sensing the urgency.

"I don't know. I found her lying unconsciously in her room."

I replied in an urgent tone as she gestured me towards a room and asked me to place Yuktha there.

It was just a small hospital but I heard that they offer the best service in this locality. As far as everything was concerned, this hospital seemed the best option for me as I didn't know what kind of urgent medical aid yuktha was in need and I couldn't delay it just because I wanted to give the best.

So without saying a word, I went to that room and placed her softly on the bed. As I  went out, I saw a doctor was making her way inside. To be honest, this was the place I hated the most because hospitals never gave me any good memories.

I hated the way hospitals smell because it always makes me relive those memories of my mom's suffering. Yet here I was willing myself to wait for the person who had given me bunch of sweet memories and the very same person who had inflicted bitter pain on my soul but now nothing matters to me except her wellbeing.

'She will be fine and she has to be fine' I assured myself as I settled myself on a chair but soon stood up as the doctor came and stood in front of me.

"How is she? She will be fine..right? Nothing is wrong with her na. Answer me..dammit!." I asked her in a frustrated tone as she was still standing in front of me like a cool cucumber with a smile on her face.

"What's your relationship with the patient.?" She asked me eyeing my uniform as I thinned my lips before taking my eyes off her.

"Nothing that concerns you. Just answer me. She is not going to die..right?" Hearing my question, the initial glare of her at my rudeness turned into laughter.

"Young man! Why will she die? She is just having her monthly cycle." She answered me, making me embarrass a little but having a thick skin, I managed to mask my embarrassment and kept a straight face.

"Then why was she looking like she was about to die?"

I voiced out as I remembered her lifeless lying form and at that moment I felt the rapid beating of my heart, reminding me of its existence after so many years.