chapter 16

Unedited

Unedited.

Target: 155 votes.

"What the hell has happened just now?" Grandpa shouted furiously as we all were left in the room after the wedding and an unexpected groom swap had happened.

I just sat there silently, not even knowing how to react as I, myself, still couldn't believe the happening of the events.

After tieing the knot, he left from here angrily without even giving us a chance to digest everything and to know the exact reason.

"Will anyone speak up? Where is Ikshith? What was Indra doing in his place?" He again shouted and this time even I also lifted my head to look at Radha Athayya and Sudha Aunty, to get the answers.

"I was the one who had locked Ikshith in his room!"

"I was the one who had asked Indra to take his place."

They both answered as I could see my grandfather fuming at their answers and guilt-free faces.

"You both!!! Have you guys gone crazy or what? If you guys don't give me a proper explanation, don't think of stepping into this house again." He warned them as they both looked at him with a frown.

"Dad, we both didn't do anything wrong. In fact, we saved you from the further humiliation."

"What nonsense are you spouting?"

"It's the truth. Your son-in-law never intended to bring yuktha as his daughter-in-law. He ordered Ikshith to leave her on the mandap itself as a rejected bride because he wanted her to face the same humiliation he had faced years ago."

Radha Athayya continued as I was so stunned and relieved at that truth. Stunned because of that jerk's damn audacity and relieved because I escaped from marrying him somehow.

"I knew all of their plans from the beforehand itself. That's why I approached Sudha and told her everything. She was more than willing to make Yuktha her daughter-in-law. So she pleaded with Indra to take his place." She concluded with an innocent face as if she wasn't the mastermind behind this scheme.

I secretly applauded her when I saw her standing so fiercely in front of my grandpa even when facing his deadly glares.

"Are you both thinking that you have done a great favor to me?" He asked them calmly.

"Of course we did." They both answered proudly as my mom chuckled a little at their audacity.

"This lady really had the cheek to laugh even at this situation! Old lady, despite having your daughter's life at stake here, why couldn't I see the tiny bit of worry on your face?" I thought to myself with a frown as my grandpa glared at my mom.

"You guys are shameless! Who asked you to take everything upon yourselves? Even if it's their plan, you guys should have informed me. How can you force Indra to marry her like this? Is this what I have taught you both? Did you both even think of the aftermath? You can force him to marry her but you can't force him to love her and accept her as a wife.