chapter 13

Unedited

Unedited.

As my dad called me to visit him, I went to my parent's place after calling it off a day. Just as I stepped in, my mom greeted me with her usual smile but except for glancing at her, I didn't respond to her with anything.

"Come and sit down. I will serve you the dinner!"

She looked at me with the same smile on her face. Ignoring her, I was about to walk away from her but seeing the hurtful look flashing on her face, I fisted my hands and turned on my feet to take my seat.

She immediately smiled at me brightly and started serving me the food while talking merrily as usual. Meanwhile, dad too joined us.

"Indra! The reason I called you here is, to inform you that we have to go to Raghuram's house and tell them personally about your opinion on the proposal because I don't want to have any misunderstandings between our families. So it's better if we visit them personally and let them know your decision."

He informed me as I nodded at him slowly but after reminding of something, I looked at him and asked," Dad! It means you haven't conveyed my answer yet..right?"

He just nodded at me in reply while having his food. Seeing his response, I had decided something against my will and my heart and opened my mouth to convey the same.

"Then tell them it's a 'Yes' from our side."

Hearing my words, both mom and dad immediately looked at me. One with surprise and another with shock written all over her face.

"What the hell, Indra? Have you gone mad or what?" Mom shouted at me as I shook my head firmly at her and looked at my dad.

"I am serious, dad. You can tell them my decision. It's high time I should get settled." And it's high time to move on from certain things or certain persons.

I said the last words in my heart and went to wash my hand as I was done with my dinner already. After going to my room, I slumped on my bed tiredly as I started thinking about my uncertain life.

Just then, I heard a knock, and knowing who it was very well, I chose to ignore it but looks like she wouldn't give up until I opened the door.

So lifting myself, I opened the door and to true to my guess, it was my mom who stood there with a calm face.

Seeing me opening the door, she pushed me aside and entered inside. Doing so, she settled herself on my bed as I just stood in front of her.

A moment of silence enveloped us until she decided to break it with the question I had already expected.

"What made you agree to this marriage so suddenly?"

When I didn't even budge a little, she rudely kicked my leg with hers and glared at me as I hissed a little.