chapter 25

Unedited

Unedited.

Target: 260 votes.

After having a careful and stressful week, all I ever needed was a good sleep and since it was a weekend, I dared to wake up very late. Immediately after waking up, I rushed up to get freshen up as I need to prepare breakfast for him.

From what I had heard, Indra used to spend his weekends with his parents before our marriage, so it would be a day off for Sita ma. Hence, I told her to follow the same thing, I would need to take the duty of cooking for today.

With that thought, after freshening up, I changed into a simple salwar and headed towards the kitchen, not before taking a look at his door. Though the door was closed, I dare not assume that he was still sleeping because of my past experiences.

Entering the hall, I slowly peeked at the surroundings, and finding it empty, I sighed in relief before marching into the kitchen.

As sita ma always stocks up the kitchen with all the ingredients and she already told me which was placed where, I wasn't a stranger to this kitchen. With the familiarity, I grabbed all the ingredients to make some waffles as the batter was already there in the refrigerator.

Suddenly I paused in my actions when I heard the shuffling sounds from the dining area and turned around to see that he was dressed casually and was taking his seat in the dining area. He didn't even take a glance at me as he started flipping through the newspaper.

Looking at him, going through yesterday's newspaper which he already had read during yesterday's breakfast, I presume he still didn't want to talk to me.

After our tiff in the car that day, we neither glanced at each other nor spoke a single word with each other. It's like some kinda cold war was going between us.

Shaking my head to bring myself out of that thought, I lifted my head to look at the waffle maker that was placed on the uppermost shelf of the cupboard. Seems like he didn't have much use of it as they placed it at that damn place.

Placing a hand on my waist, I stood on my toes to reach it. After so many tries, still I couldn't reach it even given my good height. Huffing grumpily, I was about to give up and look for a stool but before I could do so, my nostrils were assaulted by my favorite yet familiar mint fragrance, and my back got pressed to the sturdy chest.

Knowing very well who it is, I lifted my head to take a look at his face with a stunned expression and as if his earlier actions were not enough, he took me by surprise by wounding his arm around my waist. As I was still looking at him, with my big surprise-filled eyes, he tightened his hold and pressed me more into him by turning me around in a swift motion.

Then he too matched my gaze as if he wanted to capture my soul just like he did with my heart and slowly brought his other hand to caress my cheeks softly as if they were so delicate and I would get hurt if he gave more pressure.