chapter 21

Unedited

Unedited.

Target:220 votes.

"God! This girl." Mom sighed while reading out the sticky note that was glued to the refrigerator.

Athayya,

Got an emergency case to deal with. So I have to leave. Don't worry. I will grab something to eat once I got free. Take care.

These were her usual excuses. She would leave early and return late or sometimes she would even stay in the hospital.

Though I was out of the house most of the time, thanks to the ramblings of my mom, I would always get to know all these things related to her.

Why was she doing this? Was it because of what I had asked her? So she was staying away from the house in the disguise of the work?

The only reason I had asked her to do it was, I really didn't want to reopen my dad's old wounds. For a man who was so proud, that incident was a black mark in his life and every time he sees her, he would be reminded of that thing.

So I really didn't want him to get hurt again. Though I asked her to stay away, never had I excepted that she would come up with this kind of resort.

On the day where she wanted to resume her work, I saw her hailing the cab after lying on my face that Daksha would come to pick her up.

Why was she doing all these? From her actions, I could sense that she didn't want to bother anyone of us in the home. This was her real nature or that's what I thought to be, before her deception. She never let herself to be a burden on someone. Such a kind of headstrong girl she was.

I thought I knew her too well until I heard her proudly declaring her deeds on that day of our marriage.

Marriage! This word is hitting me with a different feel. I am married. I have to remind myself of this thing daily because it feels so surreal.

And on the day I saw her sleeping so peacefully in my room, so many thoughts flooded my mind. I, for a second, felt so selfish and almost thought to give this relationship a chance.

Overwhelmed with my thoughts, I even hugged her, hoping for a magical moment to happen to turn everything between us into normal. That was when reality hit me hard. I left her immediately when I was reminded of her motive behind marrying me.

She considered me as a tool, a means to secure whatever god damn property she owned. She has just used me. How could I even probably digest that fact? Even if I want to give this relationship a chance and would try to forget everything, how could I probably do it when I knew who she has in her heart?

So it's better for both of us if we should stay like this. I probably may never get over this thing because I am a very proud man and never got played in anyone's hand but she outdid herself.