chapter 3

••••

••••

Unedited.

I reached my usual secret hideout to have a meet with the IG regarding the drug trafficking case that I had been handling recently. The case was getting so trickier with each passing day.

Just when I thought that I was nearing the end, I still would end up at the starting point itself. I have been spending all my sleepless nights cracking this case.

Finally, I got some clues. Though they were not enough to solve the case, they all would be somewhat helpful in the progress of the case.

The reason why I was meeting IG secretly was, well..it was simple. I just can't trust anyone, not even my own shadow and the same goes with him too.

We were surrounded by the backstabbers who wouldn't even blink twice before they would break our trust in the most unimaginable way.

So I had been handling this case all by myself with utmost secrecy and I was confident that I could not drag the mouse which was slithering slowly, out of its defensive burrow.

My ears perked up when I heard the series of footsteps and the vigilance in my eyes faded away when I noticed who it was. I immediately got on to my foot and saluted him.

He gave me a warm smile and gestured me to take my seat while holding the harness of Tommy's collar.

When Tommy sensed my presence, he escaped from the Sir's clutches and attempted to pounce on me.

Holding the upper part of his burly built within my arms, I petted his head with a smile as he started wagging its tail while sticking his tongue out.

Tommy was a German shepherd dog. When I was on my first mission, I chanced upon saving him. He was my only companion on my first mission but after coming back, I gifted him to the man in front of me as Sir was a lonely man with no family.

Since I didn't have much time to take care of him and I couldn't leave him with my parents as my mom wasn't fond of dogs. So I was glad to gift him to Sir as I always witness how he cared for Tommy just like his own son.

"Tommy, get off him!" Sir commanded him as Tommy backed away, not before whimpering at him but still stayed near my foot while licking its paw.

"How are you, Indra? Any improvements in the case?" He asked me after Tommy's fiasco while fanning his face with his hands. I guess he came straight after he finished his morning run.

"I am good, sir. As far as the progress of the case is concerned, I indeed found out something. Though it wasn't a major finding, it helped me in shifting the target. See this, Sir."

I showed him the file I had brought with me and reading the contents, his expression turned somewhat thoughtful.

"So you mean to say, he isn't the one whom we should go after! Is it? Why so?"