Chapter 20

Unedited

Unedited.

Target:210 votes.

"Yuktha, aren't you feeling so bored by simply sitting in the room all day? Come down and accompany me! I am feeling so lonely after the devil of this house has gotten married. Her visits became too limited. Now that you are here and I don't need to bother about her presence anymore. Let's have some gossip time. Come come." She announced entering into his room when I was so involved in reading a medical journal that I had brought along with me.

Glancing at her, I passed her a small smile when she came to my side.

"What are you waiting for? Come!"

I was so reluctant to accompany her, not because I hated to spend time with her but because his words were still so livid in my head to forget the hurt that they had inflicted on me.

Taking a deep breath, I put the journal aside and stood up to walk along with her after giving her a nod of agreement with a smile.

She held my hand like an excited child and started dragging me down. As we went there, she started sharing all the childhood mischiefs she had done along with my dad and Radha athayya. I smiled fondly, imagining the plight of my grandpa and grandma while handling this trio.

After a while, when she stopped speaking, I took it as a cue and announced to her my decision that I had taken this morning.

"Athayya, can I resume my work? If it's okay with you, I will go to hospital from tomorrow itself!"

"What? If I am not wrong, you took a break for one month..right? What happened so suddenly that you want to resume from tomorrow itself?" She asked me with a frown.

"Yes athayya but there are so many emergency cases. Though the other doctors in the department are handling all those cases on my behalf, I couldn't burden them with my responsibilities. I took those one month's leaves in an opinion to spend that time with grandpa but now I am back here. So I should take charge now. Anyways I don't have anything to do at home and I am feeling so bored for one day itself? So Can you please agree? I will go only if you agree!" I asked, hoping for her to give the green signal.

"Yuktha, remember one thing, you don't need to seek my permission for anything. It's your life and you can live it the way you have lived before you got married. Of course, I won't object to you if you want to resume your duties but isn't it too sudden? Like you got married only two days back and here you started talking about the work. Let it be, my own son itself is doing the same thing. So I shouldn't say these things in your case. Go ahead if you want." She said, sighing and I smiled at her brightly.

"You both are such workaholics. If you are being like this, how will guys get close to each other?" She questioned me while shaking her head.

"Athayya, our marriage didn't happen in a usual way and we both are not like the other usual couples. So I hope you will give us some time to accept this fact and to adjust to each other. We have a lot of things between us that needed to be clarified." Giving her a small smile, I told her calmly as she looked at me with a scrutinized gaze.