chapter 14

Unedited

Unedited.

Everything had happened so abruptly. Grandpa asked my mom and me to tag along with him to my hometown once he recovered as my wedding date was soon approaching.

So everyone including my girls put the halt to their routine and joined me. The whole house was filled with life.

The wholesome chaos, my girls' banters, mom and my Radha aunt's tirades about the wedding preparations, and the glee on my grandpa's face, everything was so surreal.

There was a time where I had mustered some courage to approach my grandpa and wanted to confess everything to him but looking at the happiness on his face, I couldn't bring myself to utter a word.

I was dying every second because of my helplessness and for the first time, even surrounded by all the loved ones, I felt so alone, so alone that sometimes I felt like ending this pathetic life but was it worth it? Was it worth dying like a coward?

No, no. I am not a coward but still, I couldn't bear this wrenching pain of my heart. Because every time my mind would remind me of the cruel words that he uttered at the hospital ward. Still, it was pathetic that my heart was craving for his presence.

I didn't even know when the tears started trickling down aimlessly from my eyes but I only realized when I felt the wetness on my cheeks.

Sitting in front of the mirror, I stared at my lifeless reflection and dabbed my tears immediately in fear that someone would barge into my room. As I was doing this, my eyes had subconsciously darted to my left ear lobe.

Immediately a wave of nostalgia hit me as I slowly stretched my hand to run it softly on the letter engraved there. I smiled through my tears thinking of my craziness for him!

I had his letter 'I' engraved on my earlobe. So I could feel his presence whenever I look at my reflection but no one knows about this tattoo since I had been carefully managing everything till today.

Now thinking of all the things I had done in my past, I felt like an idiot because it hurts so much when we realize that we were nothing to the person who was meant the world to us.

Will he ever get to know about this little fool who is in so love with him? No. He will never. Even if he gets to know about my unyielding love for him, maybe he would just laugh at my idiocy and think of me as a worthless creature.

As I was so immersed in my thoughts, I suddenly heard the whistling of someone from my room's balcony. Hearing the familiar tune, a chill ran down my spine and I stiffened in my place when I heard the approaching footsteps.

As the whole room started screaming his presence, my heart started thudding in fear. It would be a lie if say that I wasn't afraid of him anymore.

"Hi, sweetheart!"