chapter 23

Unedited

Unedited.

Target: 240 votes.

The whole ride, I had a hard time holding my tears back because I didn't want to cry in front of him, not anymore. So I closed my eyes and rested my head back.

As I did so, all the things that had happened till now again started playing like a never-ending recording. Unable to bear that feeling, I again opened my eyes and glanced at him from my peripheral vision.

He, as usual with his stoic face, was driving to his home. Looking at his side profile, my mind went back to the days where I used to go gaga over him.

I loved to admire his side profile from afar but now even when I was hardly a few feet away from him and even when I practically tied to him, I couldn't bring myself to admire him because my admiration would forever remain as one-sided admiration and nothing more than that. So I didn't want to hurt myself more than I already was.

'Was loving someone with the whole heart, not enough? What more do I have to face as the consequences of loving someone truly?"

I always had this question but these days I got the answer. Loving itself was not enough and not everyone would be lucky enough to get their loved ones as their other half. To make it happen, one has to face the hell, a hell where you don't know whether to move forward or forge on.

"We have arrived," He announced, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Huh!" I averted my gaze from his profile and looked outside the window to see that we were in the parking space of the apartment complex.

Seeing this, I got down the car as he parked his jeep and placed that luggage of mine on the floor from the car.

When I was about to get a hold of it, he beat me to it and carried those bags on his own.

As we reached the elevator, the elevator guy who was guarding there, greeted him enthusiastically and glanced at me with scrutinizing gaze. Then an understanding dawned on him as he glanced at Indra with excitement.

"Anna, is it Vadhina? When did you get married?" He asked him eagerly but Indra only nodded at him, without going into further details.

That guy must be pretty accustomed to his cold attitude as he didn't mind his behavior and followed us into the elevator. Then he turned his gaze to me and smiled at me.

"Vadhina, welcome home. Don't hesitate to let me know if you need anything. I will bring it to you in a jiffy." I passed him a warm smile as Indra rolled his eyes at his words.

"Do tell her how much you will charge for running those errands." Saying this, Indra shook his head.

"Anna, that's for others. I won't charge anything from my vadhina." He denied with an outright face.