chapter 10

Unedited

Unedited.

"Yeah, Aunty. I had it just now. What about you? Good. Ohh sure! I can't promise you but I will try. No need, Aunty. I know the address. Yeah. See you soon, Aunty."

I ended the call with Sudha Aunty and raised my head only to see that, the girls were looking at me in a scrutinizing manner.

"And here she says, there goes nothing at all," Aaru exclaimed while moving her hands dramatically.

"I agree with you!" Daksha chimed.

"Guys! Stop it yaar. I don't know what's the reason but the moment she came to my mom's place, she started behaving..like how to put it, yes! She started behaving like my closed ones and always calling me to inquire about my whereabouts. Since she is a sweet lady, I don't mind her checking up on me every now and then!" I explained them with a sigh.

She indeed started caring for me like my own family and most of all, her concern didn't make me uncomfortable at all. Instead, I didn't even feel any strangeness and it was like it had to be like that, in that way to begin with.

She even started sending me her handmade food whenever I told her that I had yet to have my food. She was indeed a good person but I was just wondering what was the reason behind the change in her behavior.

"Rishu, is there anything to eat?"

I asked her as I didn't eat anything this afternoon because I forgot my lunch box in the apartment itself and I couldn't bear to eat that Canteen food as I don't like outside food at all. I would rather prefer to starve myself than eat something that was not homemade food.

Nodding she left to the kitchen to bring something as we three sat there in silence. Then she came back with a fruit platter and sandwiches. Handing them to me, she placed the platter on the teapoy.

"Since tomorrow is a weekend, what are your plans? As for me, it's sleeping." She asked and hurriedly answered to herself as if she was afraid that we would include her in our plans.

"I am going to spend my day with my hubby!" Aaru answered and Daksha too gave a similar answer as I just rolled my eyes at the obvious reason.

"What about you?" Aaru asked me while plopping a grape into her mouth.

"Me? Nothing! Just gonna chill. Ohh. I forgot. Sudha Aunty again asked me to visit her house and it won't be polite to reject her every time. So I am planning to take some time to give her a visit. Since I have nothing planned out for tomorrow, I will just go to her house." I said in a muffled tone as my mouth was busy stuffing the sandwich.

"Ohh! I see.. No, no..we see!" Aaru smiled at me sweetly as Daksha smirked in my way whereas Rishu just shook her head to herself.

"You guys are unbelievable." Saying this, I went to the kitchen to wash my hands.