chapter 19

Unedited

Unedited.

Target: 200 votes

By the time, we reached his house, it was already near to evening, Athayya welcomed me warmly. Uncle left the home silently without saying anything for which I was so grateful and Indra was nowhere to be seen.

"Yuktha, you go and take some rest. I know you must be pretty tired. Come with me. " She told me after some time and dragged me along with her.

"It's his room. From now on, this room and this house is yours too. So feel free to do whatever you want and be yourself." I just passed her a small smile while hesitantly glancing at his room's door.

"Go in. Why are still standing there itself?" She asked me with a frown as I bit down my lips nervously.

"Can I please take the guest room?" I asked her slowly, testing the waters.

"No way! Why do you want to take the guest room? That won't do. You guys have to face it one or another day. So let today be that day. Now move!" Saying this, she pushed me inside and closed the door.

Huffing, I looked around the room that I had been to once and sighed in relief when I was sure that I was the only one in the room.

After freshening up a little, I was about to get settled on the bed but after not knowing whether he would be okay with it or not, I decided to take the couch that was placed to the opposite of the bed.

Though it was somewhat small and so uncomfortable to sleep in, I was so tired to even bother about those things and dozed off pretty immediately. The small nap that I intended to take turned into a long siesta.

By the time, I woke up it was already so dark outside, making me wonder about what time it actually was. I lazily stretched my limbs while being in a sitting position and turned my head slowly while yawning softly when I heard some soft noises.

As I looked in that direction, I immediately dropped my limbs down and let out a startled cry while placing my hands on my heart. He sat there on the chair while fiddling with his lighter, which he always does whenever he was troubled over something.

Under the moonlight brimming into the room and the occasional flickering of his lighter, I could only make out the outline of his profile and couldn't gauge his expression at all but I was pretty sure of one thing that he was observing me because I could feel his intense gaze on me even in the darkness too.

Not knowing what to do, I turned my gaze away from him and stood up from the couch, in search of the switchboard to switch on the lights. As I found it and was about to turn on the lights, I was suddenly engulfed into a bone-crushing hug as he pulled me into his strong arms.

So startled at his abrupt action, it took me a while to understand what was happening. Unable to respond to his gesture, I stood there quietly, though I was pretty confused with his behavior.