chapter 24

Unedited

Unedited.

Target:260 votes.

The next morning, I woke up to get ready for my day. As I did so, I went out of my room casually while holding my bag and some medical files.

Going out of the room, I glanced at his tightly shut door and marched towards the kitchen, intending to prepare the breakfast but as I turned around, I saw him sitting at the dining table, dressed in his neatly ironed uniform.

It stunned me a little as I expected him to be sleeping when I recalled the tightly closed door of his room but looking at him, he seemed to have woken up quite a long time back, and looking at his lazy posture, he seemed to be waiting for..me..ahem..for someone.

Masking the surprise, I went towards him slowly and greeted him softly. Sensing my presence he lifted his head which he has been resting on his hand and flashed me a bright smile that had completely caught me off guard.

"Good morning, Mrs. Indratan. Hope you had a good rest!" He greeted me, still displaying his teeth.

Though I was confused at his behavior, his endeavor made me feel so surreal as I tucked the hair strand behind my ear and nodded at him slowly, without even lifting my head.

After composing myself, I glanced at him calmly and asked," what do you want to eat for the breakfast? I will make it."

Hearing my words, he looked at me with a glint and smiled at me.

"My my, how will I let my darling wife work early in the morning itself? Come and sit here. Sita ma will serve you the breakfast!" He urged me, still maintaining his smile.

Frowning, I took a seat beside him and gulped some water.

"Sita ma!" He shouted someone's name who I still have to get introduced to.

"Coming Indra babu, 2 mins!"

Soon, a middle-aged woman came out of the kitchen while holding the dishes in her hand. Seeing her, he stood up immediately and took them from her hand. Again she went back to the kitchen and came out this time with the juice jug in her hand as I was looking at them without blinking my eyes.

Noticing my gaze, Indra looked at me and said, "I forgot to mention, she is sita ma. A caretaker of mine since my childhood and another mother figure to me. Sita ma, she is yuktha, my wife. I guess you already knew her as the old lady in the house must have informed you beforehand."

He introduced us to each other as the word 'wife' naturally rolled out of his mouth. Stunned, I could only manage to pass her a smile but instead of reciprocating it, she glanced at me with a scrutinizing gaze by placing a hand on her chin, making me squirm uncomfortably under her scrutiny.

"She is your wife? Tsk tsk!" She clicked her tongue and sighed in disappointment.

"What happened?" His tone changed as he glanced at her with a frown as I sat there silently while fisting my hands together as I could feel the change in the surroundings.