chapter 12

Unedited

Unedited.

Target: 130 votes

"Indra, where are you?" Dad asked me as I attended his call.

"Just going out for some fresh air. Why dad? Do you need something?"

"Yes. I forgot a file in the bedroom and it's urgently needed for a meeting now. So can you please go home and send it to me? I tried calling your mom but she is not attending my calls. So please hurry up."

"Sure, dad. Just wait for a while. I will go there and send it with the driver."

Saying this, I ended the call and grabbing my car keys, I locked my apartment, and took the elevator.

After reaching the parking lot, I got into my car and left for my parent's house after giving life to the engine. Soon I reached there and parking the car aside, I went inside.

I looked around for the presence of my mom but I couldn't find her.

"Where is my mom?" I asked the house help in our house.

"She said that she is going to Yuktha mam's house!" I nodded at her slowly in acknowledgment.

"Did she take the driver along with her?" To my relief, she said 'yes, and I let out a relieved sigh, thinking about how I was escaped from running her errands.

After that, I went to my parent's room to search for the file that dad had asked for. As soon as I saw it on the bedside table, I took it and was about to exit but I halted on the way when my eyes fell on some sort of photograph which was on the floor.

Thinking that my mom or dad must have dropped it accidentally, I bent down to pick it up with a thought to keep it away. But as soon as I saw the persons in the photo, I frowned in confusion, seeing my mom with the other two persons.

One of them seemed somewhat familiar to me as if I had seen him somewhere but I couldn't remember where and when I saw him.

The three seemed to have shared an extraordinary relationship as it was clearly reflecting in their eyes and the smiles and joy on their faces were implying that they seemed to be so close..so close as if they were...

As soon as this thought came to my mind,  a fleet of recognition flashed through my eyes as I remembered where I saw him, precisely his photo and I immediately clenched my fists after recalling that I had seen the photo of the same person hanging in the living room of Yuktha's mom's house when I visited her house after dropping her last time.