chapter 6

Unedited

Unedited

After dropping her at her home, I went to my parent's place to get ready for my day as theirs was the nearest place to yuktha's. So to prevent myself from getting late, I decided to go there.

Getting freshen up, I wore my neatly ironed uniform and decided to head down to join my mom and dad in breakfast but I was greeted with the sight of the sullen face of my mom and troubled looks of my dad.

Adjusting my shirt, I took my usual seat and gave them a single glance

"What happened?" I asked them while serving myself with the food as my whole attention was on it.

I was damn hungry as I didn't get a chance to have anything since yesterday night and when I was about to put a morsel in my mouth, my mom thought it was the right time to open her mouth and said the words which made me put the food back on the plate.

I looked at the both of them with a grim look as my mom also followed my suit and glared at my dad.

"What! Why are you both looking at me like that? I didn't do anything." He immediately raised his hands and shrugged his shoulders.

"You, old man. I am telling you. I will accept anyone as my daughter-in-law except her. Trust me, she isn't the one for my son."

Mom answered, making my head snap in her direction as this was the very first time she did something to support me.

"God! It's not like I am forcing him to marry her..right? Rajeev is my friend and you know, how much he had helped me and trusted me in the initial stages of my new business. He was the one who lent me a hand when no one was willing to do so.  So how can I reject his proposal outrightly when he approached me and asked me something for the first time? And all I am saying is, Let Indra meet her and let them decide everything." He said as I remained as a silent spectator as if I wasn't the one about whom they were discussing.

"No. I won't let him meet her. I agree I want him to get married soon but not like this. Especially when I, very well, know that she is not suitable for my son. I will be forever grateful to Rajeev anna for his help but I can't let my son marry Shwetha just to show our gratitude. So tell them, it's a 'No'." She grimaced before leaving the table.

Even I didn't touch the food as I was so involved in my thoughts. This was the first time I saw her opposing something so stubbornly.

She was always a happy-going person and the person like her rarely gets agitated at anything. So for her to speak like this, only meant one thing. That was, she really didn't like that person.