chapter 22

Unedited

Unedited.

Target:230 votes.

"Are you really happy there, yuktha?" When her mother asked her that question, she stiffened up in her position as I held my breath though I knew the obvious answer.

Soon she composed herself and passed her mom a smile.

"Arey ma, why are you asking such a silly question. I am so happy with my new family. You know, athayya and mavayya, they both treat me like their own daughter, and as for Indra, though this marriage was an unexpected change in his life, he started accepting it. He respects me a lot and cares for me. So please don't worry about me..okay? Just take care of your health."

She told her mom so smoothly as I thinned my lips, knowing she was lying to not make her mom worry about her.

"Yes, I know. They are all such good people. It's good that you are living happily. Listen, you should take care of them as your own too..okay?" Her mom patted her head with a smile as she nodded at her.

"Of course, even if the situation is otherwise, I would treat them as my own only. Because we all are one family. Moreover, who am I? D/O Mr. Parthasarthy. So I will live up to his name only and I will never bring bad name to you or grandpa."

Hearing her words, I leaned back on the wall while folding my hands over my front, pondering over my thoughts.

God..yuktha, why are you so hard to understand? You are just like an unsolved puzzle. and whenever I tried to put those missing pieces together, you would leave me in a predicament. Whom should I blame? Who is wrong here? You or me?

Just once deny all the allegations. I just need a little assurance from you and I will cherish you with my life. But your eyes say one thing and your mouth say one thing. What I shall I trust?

'You are so cruel, yuktha. I rate you for putting me in this ordeal.'

I fisted my hands angrily as this feeling was killing me from inside. My heart was asking me to believe what it says but my mind was showing what I had witnessed. I was really having an internal battle with myself. It was so fucked up.

Standing there for a while, I decided to announce my presence to them after noticing the shift in the atmosphere. So I slowly knocked on the door, pretending that I came here just now as they both turned their heads to gaze at me.

Athayya, when she noticed me, she hurriedly rushed to my side to greet me with a bright smile while yuktha just stood up silently and nodded at me.

"Oh my! Indra. Why are you standing there itself? Come inside. Come come." She ushered me in as I followed her.

"How are you doing?" When I answered her that I was fine and questioned her the same, she replied and gestured me to take a seat there.

"Indra, come and sit here. I will go and bring some refreshments. Had you given me a heads up, I would have prepared a feast but now see, I don't know what to prepare when it's your first visit."