Chapter 28: He dove for the hole to freedom

"Is this a sick joke you evil bastard? Is this about the spit in your coffee every morning? Because I swear to you that was all Nathaniel" Kol glared death my way. He obviously didn't believe me. Well what did I expect ?

"Why would I joke about this?" I countered seriously. Wait, did he just say "I drink spit every morining?! Nathaniel spits on my cofee every morning? That Sonofabitch." I could feel the sandwitch I have yet to eat already rising up. "You knew he was feeding me saliva and you decided to act as a nonchalant bystander?!"

"About my sister. You say she's alive?" he quickly avoided my question. I glared his way but nodded nevertheless."My sister's alive?" he asked, more himself than me. He sat there in silence his eyes darted back and forth. "I never did find her body after I woke up. I saw my mom, my dad, Rebekah's, everyone's but Mya's. I- Where is she? Did that Devillian tell you this? Oh my god. We have to go find her Elena! What if they are toorturing her? What if-"

"According to Ron she's being taken care of"

"And you trust a member from wanting-the-death-of-innocent-royals club because?" he asked sarcastically.

"Because he told me she was alive in the first place." I countered. "He told me a shitload of information. Enough to kill him. He trusted me. I trust you. That's why I'm telling you this small piece."

"Small?" he narrowed his eyes.

"A small portion." I corrected.

"There's more?"

"That's for me to know."

"So you're going to tell me that my baby sister is not dead? But you're not telling me anything else?"

"I can't. That's my business. You're taking this all too well" I observed. I was expecting tears, a howl, an explosion maybe.

"I haven't processed it yet" he answered with a nonchalant face. I nodded. "Elena, you can trust me. We can figure it out together. We can tell Wren and Ari-"

"No" I cut him off, "we can't tell them. All that know is me, Noel, Elliot and you. We're not even telling Nathaniel."

"What more is there to tell?" he asked. I debated whether on telling him everything I knew. And something in my gut told me telling him was the right thing to do. I may not be able to tell Wren and Aria but I can tell Kol. I need a friend dealing with all of this. So I did. I told him everything Ron told me. Word for word. "I wonder why we can't trust even the Royals. Are you telling Stark?" Hearing his name made a shiver run down my back. He is an agent. Maybe he should know. Maybe this information will help Code X find the 'rulers' of the Devillians.

"I d-don't think we should" I stated feeling uneasy.

"Then we are not going to, and this stays between us four. I promise" Kol smiled opening his door. I smiled too and threw my door open. We got out of the car and walked to the porch. He gave me a long serious look telling me this secret was safe with him. I gave him a small nod before I opened the door. And our deep moment of friendship was completely shattered as before us stood Wren with Aria hanging off his shoulder screaming curse words as Nathaniel recorded the idiots. Stark and Liam were having an arm wrestling match which means their faces looked as if they were constipated, their veins pounding because neither could beat the other. Ryon and Ivy were arguing for God knows what reasons. The Wordsworth brothers and the Rapier sisters were playing twister. Quinn was plucking Rose's eyebrows which means deep howls of pain being screeched. I turned to face the tangle mob on the living room.  All in all, my home was pure chaos.

"EVERYBODY SHUT UP!" I yelled and in a split second there was no motion or sound in the house. Aria's mouth hung open and her fist stopped mid-air. I turned my focus to that spitting bastard who I thought was simply being a sweet-heart every morning and bringing me my coffee. I should have known. "I've been drinking your spit for two months" I glared and he slowly brought down the phone in which he was recording Wren's and Aria's fight. An alarmed look took over his features and he stared at Kol with a look of ultimate betrayal.