Chapter 12 "Sympathy is for sissy's"

I laid on my bed remembering those beautiful blue eyes. As blue and deep as an ocean. So bright, so charmingly deceiving. They always appeared sincere, almost completely innocent. No one questioned their beauty. Well, at least I didn't.

I groaned as I cursed Liam in my head for reminding me of those sneaky little eye balls. Whoever said time heals everything needs to get shot. Time does not heal anything. It just makes the hurt seem distant but not distant enough to be forgotten. Close enough to let you know it's still there. With you. All the time.
'Elena, come down please!" Noel yelled from downstairs. Since Liam drove me home, I dragged my feet to my bed room, put on my large t-shirt and wrapped myself in my covers ignoring everyone completely. I didn't even unload the bed stuff for Kol. ''Elena!'' I cursed as I unwillingly got up and pulled some leggings under the shirt and ran down stairs.

''What?'' I asked irritated tapping my foot uncontrollably.

''There is a change of plans,'' Mika announced. ''Liam filled us in in the plan and I agree completely but we can't just send you all looking for trained assassins we need a much detailed plan''

''I've been training for as long as I can remember, bring me a damn Devillian and I'll show you what I'm capable of '' I stated standing with confidence.

"Well," Nathaniel muttered looking unimpressed.

''I know you, Wren, Liam, Kol, and the Wordsworth brothers are trained, but the rest aren't''

''I can fight!'' Ryon yelled shoving my chocolate donuts into his mouth. What the hell are they doing here? Don't they have their own house?

''No you can't'' Mika stated rolling his eyes, ''and we can't simply announce you're whereabouts Elena, there are many flaws to this plan''

''My whereabouts are already known. Or have you forgotten the guy that called the other guy, according to Kol"

''And we'll wait for them to come'' Liam stated.

''I don't think you all should be involved, this is Code X business,''

''They killed my family. Henceforth, I am involved'' Kol glared but his anger wasn't directed towards Mika. It was beyond that. We have all succumbed to the fear of dying. They have controlled our lives ever since their rise. I have fought, struggled, and cried. Yes, cried. And I refuse to shed another tear because of them.

"We have all lost someone because of them" I glared. We have all been witnesses of the pain they can endure. Of their hatred towards our clans. We have stood and watched our family's die one after the other. No more. It's their turn to feel. To feel the wrath of a Royal.

''This plan is absolutely dangerous. Your lives are all at risk and Code X will do its best to protect every single life here. If there is anyone who would rather not participate, speak now. We'll send you to another place to take refuge in'' Mika asked the room full of Royals. No one stepped up and silence filled the room.

''It's our turn'' Ivy stood to her feet, ''I will not live in fear. I refuse to. We will hunt them down. One by one until we find the leader. And then we'll end him." Her dirty blonde hair was pulled into a lazy bun, but her eyes were fierce and determined. I like her.

''Ivy's right. Is this how our lives are supposed to be? Fearing if you're going to die because a group of psychopaths want you dead. It has to end'' Aria too stood up. The fear of not knowing anything while they know everything is frustrating. Simultaneously, everyone  stood up and crossed their hearts and bowed down to the two brave girls.