Chapter 40: She obviously does not appreciate marvelous singing

I was currently seated next to Bustamante remaining completely and utterly quiet. When Aria handed me the tickets she forgot to mention that our seats were located right behind the Royals.

Right freaking behind them.

Before me sat Wren and Liam, to my side was Aria and Nathaniel. And in front of them was Noel and Elliot discussing which movie to watch next. Draco was seated next to his brother as the two idiots arm wrestled. Naomi was braiding Quinn's hair. Kol sat next to Rosalie, but he hadn't uttered one word the entire flight. He stood with black shades staring out the window with ear phones in his ears. I began to feel guilty. Aria told me he he rarely speaks since my death. Or well, fake death.  Ivy fell asleep on Ryon's as he hugged her to him.

"We're landing in half an hour" Noel informed the Royals. I was still wearing the large heart shaped sunglasses with the long black wig and my lips were a bright pink. I looked like the young wife of an old man who just experienced an extremely mysterious death.  Something I would rather die than wear. But technically I am dead so.

Stark was seated next to Mika up front arguing about the plan to safety after they landed because Mika was sure the Devillian's were going to attack, but Stark assured Mika that they wouldn't attack that quickly. "How do you know they are currently not at the airport right now waiting with guns like they were in Monaco?" Mika questioned.

"Trust me Mika. They won't attack today. It's too soon. Have the cars waiting, we will all walk across the airport and into them. Everyone is safe... for now" he stated walking away.

Liam began screeching some Justin Bieber song to break the silence. Wren covered his ears in false agony. " Noel make it stop. Someone please end this pig's squeal. Your singing is disgusting Liam, absolutely petrifying!"

"What lies!"

"It's horrible. Elena!" He yelled but suddenly stopped noticing his call would go unanswered. All eyes were on him as he sat shocked. His eyes began to water as he solemnly sat back on his chair. "I yelled for her because she would have kicked your ass" he chuckled blinking back the tears. Liam offered him a sad smile and set his arm on his shoulder.

Then he continued singing like a complete lunatic.

Wren suddenly turned around and faced me making my eyes go wide. "Miss, does his singing bother you?" He asked annoyed. I nodded my head 'yes' and he turned around smugly. "You're hurting the lady's ears. Stop screeching"

"She obviously does not appreciate marvelous singing" Liam mumbled causing me to snort.

Okay, Lockwood, okay.

Bustamante elbowed me from the side warning me to stay silent. "We're finally going to be home" Quinn smiled turning around in her seat grinning at Liam.

"Elena didn't make it back" Kol stated looking out the window. The silence in the air was suffocating and my guilt was pounding in my ears letting me know I was a dick. The captain announced there were fifteen minutes until landing so everyone must stay seated.

"Elena is watching after us" Aria stated putting her hand over Nathaniel's. "You guys just need to set your trust on her" she smiled giving me a quick glance.

"Aria's right," Liam smiled, "Elena is here." he stated and I swear I saw his head tilt back to me.

***

It was Tuesday and I had created my own plan behind Bustamante's back. I was going to go to that meeting alone and pretend I was a Devillian until my cover was blown. I was going to contact Aria right after. Aria of course wasn't aware of this. She was meeting me today to let me know what new information the Royals had gathered. I texted her the address of a small diner in the city. I left a note for Bustamante letting him know my whereabouts. I shoved on the red-wig I purchased. I was wearing a beanie and a leather jacket with a pair of dark jeans and  of course, the combats. It was almost December so the weather in the Kingdom was fiercely freezing.