Chapter 31: They are probably here to kill us

After Stark yelled at us to go and ran away into God knows where, we jogged away from the academy. I'm not going to lie, I was terrified.  Mostly because we were unarmed at school and my brother was next to me, open and clear for any harm. Nathaniel gripped my arm as we ran to Wren's truck. He continuously looked around and kept me by his side, which is ironic because if it came down to anything I would be the one protecting him.

Like I would let him fight to save me.

"If anything happens in the course of these two minutes waiting for Mika, I fight. You run. Absolutely no discussion" I declared giving him a warning glance.

"Like hell" he glared continuing to walk. I guess I'll just have to knock him out first and make Aria drag his body to safety. From the corner of my eye I spotted some black SUV parked at the end of the street. The windows were tinted and it had no license plate. I knew what that meant.

I gripped Nathaniel's hand, making him look into my eyes. "They're here" I stated seriously. His eyes widened as he looked across my shoulder to the black car.  Suddenly a car came swerving into the academy's parking lot making the students dive away from the road. A frantic Elliot ran out of the car as Isabeau opened the back doors and jumped out of the car running to Liam.

"Elena and Nathaniel you're with me" he stated grabbing us both and shoving us in the back of his car before we even had a chance to argue. I watched as he ran into the driver's side and took off.

"We're just leaving them there? You know they are wanted dead too?!" I yelled shocked watching as Aria, Wren, Isabeau and Liam disappeared into the distance.

"Mika was just behind me, he'll get them. We have to keep you two safe. Noel is not allowed to step foot outside the Royal Mansion. I don't know why the hell they came here" he stated driving past cars who honked furiously.

"Oh, um, here's an infamous idea." I exclaimed " They are probably here to kill us" I chirped causing his eyes to narrow.

"Now is not the time for your sarcasm" Elliot glared turning left at an inexplicably rapid mode making Nathaniel and I crash onto the window.

Talk about keeping us alive ...

We arrived at the mansion and a team of body guards walked our way engulfing Nate and I in the middle of them. When we reached the door we were attacked by Noel as he hugged and checked every inch of our bodies.

"Are you two okay? Are you hurt? Are-"

"We're fine.. it's just, they're here. What the hell are we going to do?" Nathaniel asked throwing himself on the sofa. The Wordsworth Brothers were already at the mansion sitting down on the sofa. The door flew open and in came the rest of the Royals. Wren and Liam were hugging Aria, becoming her own personal bulwark. She ripped her red wig, letting her blonde locks loose. I ran to them and hugged them.

"Thank God you're okay" I stated. Aria smiled and lifted my frown into one as well.

"Smile Elena," she stated as she kept Wren at her side. Wren too held her and I don't think he was letting go anytime soon.

"You heard her," I stated turning Liam's frown into a smile.

"Isabeau is freaking out, Elliot's trying to calm her" he stated worriedly.

"He will" I assured placing my hand on his for reassurance. Suddenly Ryon and Ivy walked down the stairs confused as Rosalie too stepped out of her  bedroom.

"What's going on?" Ryon asked in a sleepy voice, completely oblivious of our current (life-threatening) situation.

"What- Where you three here the whole time? You little- they are looking for you endlessly in the academy"