Chapter 48:I can't believe the idiocy that I am listening to right now.

Elena POV

I sat on the bed watching after Luke. I knew it was him and not Stark. That wicked glint in his eyes, he was empty of emotions, and his eyes actually contained humor. I wanted to turn to Noel and tell him to run after that psychopathic bastard, but something held me back. I bit down on my tongue and stood up from the hospital bed. As soon as I was on my two feet, an aching pain throbbed in my lower abdomen. Blood oozed through the hospital gown.

"I'm bleeding" I stated looking dumbfounded down to the wound that recently been opened.

"Shit. Wren call the nurse" Noel shoved Wren out of the room without hesitating and instantly I heard frantic yells for help. I rolled my eyes. 'The princess is leaking! The princess is leaking!' A nurse accompanied by a member of Code X stepped into the small- and quite crowded- room. She was fairly old, but had that cute-little-oldster-loving image.

"We thought you were well enough to go home, but your wounds are sensitive and will open"

"Does this mean I have to stay the night here?"

"I'm not the doctor sweet heart, but I'd say more like nights" she smiled. I groaned and glared at Isaac.

"What about him? If I stay, he stays" I pouted. The nurse looked at Issac and her eyes widened with disapproval.

"You were not released young man" she chastised putting her arms on her hips. He gave her a sheepish smile, "now you head on over to your room next door" she ordered pointing her finger, "do not be deceived by this cute old lady appearance. I'm vicious, boy. Head on over to your room. I'll go check on you after the princess is patched up." Issac groaned but stopped after he noticed her glare. I chuckled as he bowed before me sarcastically and limped out of my room. "Boys out of the room. The princess and I need privacy. You too, uniform" she pointed at the agent, "out." They all mumbled under their breath, but followed her orders. Liam gave me a soft kiss on the forehead and I gave him a reassuring nod.

"I think they all forgot it today is my birthday"

"Today is not your birthday Princess Elena-"

"Please, just call me Elena. No princess is necessary"

"Elena, today is the sixteenth. You're birthday is not until another two days" She switched my gauze and minutes later a doctor knocked on the door. "Come on in, doctor"

"Greetings" he smiled pulling my chart, "your wounds will take time to heal. So you will have at least a four day hospital stay. We need to check for infections and you need to go to psyche"

"Psyche?"

"You've experienced a trauma. Clearly have been tortured," he nodded his heads to the scars on my arms "we need to make sure you're completely taken care of. The mind can be a dangerous weapon and a condemned enemy, so we must ensure yours is healthy" he finished putting my chart back. I nodded without saying a word.

The mind is a wicked thing.

I was given a new hospital gown and told that only one visitor could stay with me. "I'm her twelve year long best friend. I get to stay" Wren stated crossing his arms over her chest.

"I'm her twelve year long best friend, I get to stay" Aria glared at Wren.

"I'm her brother" Noel grinned.

"So am I" Nate challenged.

"I'm staying" Liam stated. They were all engaged in their own bickering .

"Where's Kol?" I asked and that one question caused absolute silence in the room. A look of concern surfaced Wren's face before he completely wiped it away. "Where's Kol?" I asked suddenly feeling panicked. No one answered.