Chapter 16 How bout that date?

Chapter 16

It was Tuesday and I was back here at the mansion training Ryon again. His drop kick was amazing as were his attacking skills all he needed work was on his defensive strategies. I kicked and punched but he was unable to block them so he'd fall to the mat as I pinned him down. When it was his turn to attack it was almost difficult to block him because of how much he had improved.

''Okay, I'm going to throw three kicks your way and you have to block them. Because of how fast I'll kicking you can expect force which means you have to put your strength and speed to work. Focus more on speed though'' I kicked and he blocked the three kicks with ease. I grinned and threw a surprise punch which he dodged, he bent down and kicked my shin causing me to fall flat on my back. I grinned as I ran to tackle him. He quickly stood up and I mimicked the same move kicking him to the ground. I ran to him and pinned him down.

''Holy shit Ryon, you can actually fight now'' Ivy pushed me off her brother patting him on the back. He stood up and grinned obviously proud of himself. Everyone had improved so much over the past few days - even me, Noel would teach me more- but Ryon and Quinn were the ones who stood out the most. I fought Quinn yesterday and she lasted more than I would have expected.

''Okay we're done for today. Same time here tomorrow'' Elliot informed causing cheers as everyone grabbed their bags and left the gym. Kol pulled me up and I jumped on his back as he walked us to the car. Elliot and Noel pulled us out from the front seats and made us go in the back with Nathaniel.

"Kol, where were you yesterday night?"

"Don't worry about it," he smirked.

"I'm gonna stab you if I find out you actually helped Quinn decide what dress I'm wearing to homecoming"

"Elena, if I had it my way. I would cover you up in your bed sheets, wrap a bow on your head and send you to that dance. I truly could not care less what dress you will wear"

"So you did help her you little-"

''Whatever happened with the agent Mika was sending, and how are Kat, Naomi, Draco and Blaine?' I haven't heard anything from them'' Nathaniel asked interrupting my insult.

''I have no idea, I'm giving him a call later'' Elliot answered turning off the car. I walked up the stairs and took a shower washing all the sweat off and changed into a black hoodie and some yoga pants with my black fuzzy socks. I ran to the basement and put my head phones in and turned it up to the loudest it could go. I stared at myself in the walls that were basically mirrors. I sighed and stood up.

It's been so long since I've done this.

The melody began playing and I started slowly dancing along with the music. I began to dance and once I stood at the tip of my toes I knew it was going to hurt for the lack of practice. I twirled and twirled until finally my turns were perfect. I took my hoodie off and set it to the side as I continued to perfect my dancing. During the slight pause from the changing of one song to the other I heard ... sobs? I automatically ripped the head phones away from my ears as I slowly crept up the stairs. The whole house was silent except for those soft sobs coming from the living room. I continued to make my way making sure I made absolutely no noise. I poked my head in the living room and my heart ached at the scene before me. Kol had his back to me as he was on his knees clutching a photograph to his chest. He sobbed as he traced his fingers over the picture. I knew him so calm and collected was a facade.

''Kol'' I said softly. His head snapped so fast I think I heard a crack. His eyes widened as he watched me.

''I-I thought you left to the store with them'' He said standing up and hiding the photograph behind him. I walked over and pulled it away from him and observed it. The whole Knight clan was smiling at the camera as Kol hugged a little blonde girl who was giving him a kiss on the cheek. He starred at me with a blank expression his eyes red. ''You weren't supposed to see this''