Chapter 34: Such a Weakling

Elena POV

I looked outside of the door frame.  Both Liam and Stark running to me. I didn't even have the chance to warn them. To tell them to back away. To yell at them to run.

Before the explosion, I saw Anele. Bright blue highlights, a dark scowl, a glare. Then I saw my mom. Her hazel hair, classy smile, her optimistic sight.

Before the explosion I saw a dark figure run to me.

Then I didn't see anything.

Liam POV

He sat up, a loud ringing in his ears. He looked back at the mansion but couldn't see anything past the smoke and flames. He heald his hands up to his ears covering them in pain. 

"No, no, no, no" he heard Elliot yell as he ran back to the house. "Elena!"

"Elliot stop!" Beau yelled for him. Elliot ignored her and soon he was lost in the cloud of smoke. The firefighters had arrived and they pulled their hoses, blowing the mansion with water. Liam sat on the concrete looking at the flames die down then grow again. He saw a blonde wig on the bottom of a few floor boards but when Noel pulled them up she wasn't there.

"Liam," Wren stated standing before him covering the fire behnind him. "Liam, here look at me" he pulled his face to his. Wren's eyes were full with tears but a small smile was on his lips. "They'll find her Liam. They always do."

Aria was pulling a shocked Stark. "C'mon mate. Help me out here. You're a little on the heavier side you know" 

"She's in there" Stark murmured, then as if realization finally hit him he began to panic. "Elena! She's in there! She's in the fire! We have to help her! Let me go! We have to!" Aria held on to him prying him away from the fire as her own eyes began to fill with tears. He finally stopped pushing her away and stood there hugging her.

"Noel and Elliot are in there. They'll find her Stark. She'll be okay." she smiled as she hugged him back. Her eye was black, her lip was swollen, her hair was dirty. She looked at Wren who nodded and smiled. She closed her eyes. A few tears ran down her cheek but she quickly wiped them away. 

"You don't even believe that" Stark accused his own eyes beginning to tear up.

"Yes I do"

"Then why are you crying"

"I got punched in the face by Godzilla you shit, why do you think I'm crying" she laughed wiping her face. Stark carried Aria and took her to the back of an ambulance and began to clean her wounds. 

"He always did that" Wren stated, "when Elena was kidnapped three years ago, he picked up Aria and helped her cope. He called me up and asked me how I was. He said that if Elena was here she would kick his ass for not looking out for us" Wren sat still starring at the dying flames. "They'll get her out. They always do" Wren stated to himself. The firefighter's threw both Elliot and Noel out of the house and blocked their entrance. The rest of the royals were behind him trying to see through the smoke.

Liam watched as Stark iced Aria's wounded eye. He washed the blood off her face and wrapped her arm in his Danny Zuko jacket. He scooped her up bridal-style and walked over to the boys again. "I didn't see her" Stark stated setting Aria gently on the concrete next to Wren. "I yelled her name, then the explosion came, but I didn't see her. Maybe she ran" Stark said beginning to walk toward the house.

"Stark, please" Aria whispered, "sit with us."Aria interlocked fingers with both Wren and Stark. She gave Liam a small smile with a nod of reassurance. 

"This is all my fault. If I wouldn't have shot those bastards" Ivy trailed off staring blankly at the dying flames.

"They had this planned. Don't blame it on yourself." Stark replied, " if you didn't Liam would have died" he added not bothering to spare Liam a glance. It sounded more like an accusation, but Liam said nothing. The fire was almost completely out when the last of firefighters began to make their way out. The Royals immediately got to their feet  and starred at the empty handed firefighters.

Aria was the first to let out a cry. A cry full of desperation and pain. She let herself drop to the floor. Wren caught her before she fell and held her close to him as he cried and cursed. 

"Anele" Liam stated his vision going blurry. 

"Liam," Aria gasped letting go of Wren, he took a step forward and nearly collapsed if she hadn't caught him. "His stomach" Aria's eyes widened in horror.

"You were shot" Stark stated. Before Liam's vision went blank, he saw Elena and Enry smiling at him.

Such a weakling he heard her state with a small devious smirk. 

A/N: I know, I know. This is short! I had writer's block. Don't kill me. Enjoy :) comment and vote!!!! Comment though. Seriously, I want to read your beautiful thoughts. Did I mention comment? C'mon lovely readers.