Chapter 21 Damn bambot didn't even bother closing the window

Chapter 20

After my little scene with Liam, we walked back inside and before we departed,  both Liam and Stark felt the need to shake hands again..

Why?

Politeness I guess.

"So future girlfriend you said?" Stark asked suddenly his grip tightening around Liams hand.

Some may find it absolutely thrilling to have the hottest boy at their school claim them as his in the nearby future, and some may not. Some find it absolutely shocking and considerably hard to grasp. But I, being in the group of those some who stand before a pair a boys that are shaking hands with unnecessary force, decide to cough awkwardly and walk away from the scene. I could have stayed and clarified that I will most likely not be Liam's next girl friend, or I could have pulled them away from each other, but I am in the group of those some who awkwardly cough and walk away leaving a pair of teenagers to disrupt the blood flow to their wrist so therefore I could not have done otherwise. My head was pounding and my palms were sweaty. Finding out your beloved ex-boyfriend was NOT killed a few years back and realizing you have cried for months straight and was trapped in a dark bubble of depression for something that was not lost, kind of messes with your head. I heard steps coming my way and languidly walk out through the front door and jumped the gate. I felt drained, at lost for energy to feel any human emotion at the current time. I heard my name being yelled in the distance but kept dragging my feet across the dark field, not bothering to glance back.

It was Stark.

He yelled my name exactly like he did moments before my vision went black the last time I saw him. I had turned into this girl with a heart tainted with utter darkness because one of the most important people in her life had been ripped away from her. Or so she had thought. So what am I now ? I have no reason to be cold and cruel. He is not dead. I am not dead. I'm in a good place now, yet the darkness doesn't bother to abandon me at peace. I can't simply return to the naive, joyful princess I was, and it was about time to accept that. Having Stark before me, alive, has lifted the guilt away from me, but his presence won't bring the old me back. And I am completely fine with that because now I know I'm in the road to find her myself. But damn it's going to be one hell of a bumpy road.

I continued to walk through the dry grass away from the mansion. The moon was the only substance providing me light.  I could see the streets ahead and picked up my speed. I no longer heard my name being called in the distance and was grateful for that.The others would understand that a girl who's boyfriend came back from the dead must need some space. I began strolling the deserted side walk, the dim-lit light posts making the scene creepier than it truly was. I climbed up the side of my house and threw the window open. My room was pitch black as was the rest of the house.

After a ten minute shower, where I scrubbed the sweat of the crazy teenagers that floated around the gym in a great cloud of disgust, I changed into pajama bottoms and a black tank-top, no longer needing to wear his clothes.
His not dead after all.

I brushed my hair and starred at myself in the mirror.

''Elena's future boy friend''

I smiled at my reflection finally letting emotions enroll themselves out and boy where they powerful. I felt hurt because Stark let me believe he was dead, joy because he wasn't, confusion because he said it was for my own good. Confusion because he was a special angent in code x. Fear because the Devillians know our location. Anger because they aren't dead yet, and fluttery -if that is even an emotion , let alone a word- because I will be Liam's girl friend - or so he said.  I stepped out the bathroom and the house was still silent and lonely. I quickly sent a text to Noel to let him now I was safe and sound under the shelter of our home. I locked my door and sat at the edge of my bed starring at the moon. For some reason I was feeling dramatic.