Chapter 8 He couldn't have picked a better place to break in

Chapter 8

Kol Knight

"Can I get you anything else?" the cashier lady asked him her pitch black hair tucked behind her ears. She was absolutely gorgeous, no wonder that idiot in the corner has not stop starring at her.

"No thank you gorgeous. Im fine" he grinned grabbing his coffee and sitting on a booth by a window. He starred out as the rain poured down, hitting the concrete with great force.

Homeless, broke, and it is raining.

Life is absolutely amazing.

Kol had no idea what he was looking for, he only knew it was here.

In Summer Falls.

He recalled the day of his younger sisters birthday . . .

She was blowing her candles and smiling when the explosion happened. All he remembered was falling and then everything turned black. When he opened his eyes all his family lay before him, dead. His palace was burnt and the walls that once where a beautiful pearly white were now thin and dark brown. He could not move, he could not yell. It was painful even trying to breathe. He suddenly heard a pair of voices nearing on him. He instantly closed his eyes and tried to breathe slow so he could go unnoticed.

''There all dead'' one said. His voice sounded satisfied which made Kol's insides burn with hatred. A phone rang and the man answered. ''Hello?  You don't say. So that's where that brat's been hiding. . . In America . . . who else knows her location . . . keep it that way . . . I will get her.... Summer Falls... text me her exact location . . . no one else knows'' and the conversation ended.

''How could you just do that! There was a kid in here!'' another voice neared, he sounded breathless. " She was practically a baby, couldn't we have waited?!"  the man yelled. Kol was confused. Why would a Devillian even feel guilt?

''This is what we do, now shut up. We were going to kill that kid anyways later on. Let's hurry, he is expecting our report"

''Go to hell'' the other spat and heard foots steps distancing away. There was suddenly a screech and then Kol heard nothing but a choking sound ,then dead silence. Another voice called.

''Mullah what the hell did you do?'' The new voice asked irritated.

''He was feeling guilt and disrespected me, so I slit his throat'' Mullah (Apparently) replied his voice nonchalant.

''You are not authorized to make that decision you pathetic bastard'' the other one growled.

''Sir, He was not fit to be in the Devillian's'' suddenly Mullah's voice was fearful which Kol found ironic because the new voice sounded younger while the other one was definitely a grown man. He heard a loud gun shot and had to wince at such a loud noise. He heard a 'thump' then silence.

''Old bastard'' the new voice muttered. He heard footsteps and had a perfect view of the man's back. He took a red rose from behind his pocket and set it down next to Kol's mother. He stood up and turned around. It was so fast as if he knew Kol was watching him. Kol was unable to close his eyes fast enough and so he locked gazes with the Devillian who just set a rose next to his mother's dead body. He could not identify him for the boy's hood covered his hair and he wore a black bandana around his mouth. The only thing that stood  out was a beautiful pair of blue eyes. Kol guessed he was around seventeen no older than eighteen. He then heard other voices in the distance and knew he was going to die.

''We'll see if they are all dead'' a few men walked through the now burnt door.

''No'' the boy stated authority spilling from his voice. ''Leave'' he ordered. They hesitated but once they seen the two dead bodies of their own group, they left. A sudden 'ring 'blurted from behind Kol. 'The message Mullah asked for' Kol thought. 'The location'.