Talking, Pool and Star Wars part 2

A/N: In this part there is someone placing blame on a rape victim and that might be triggering for some, you have been warned.

Elena stood up from the couch and started to pace as she rubbed her hands together in a nervous gesture. She didn't want to agree to this and then die, leaving them alone and in pain, with broken hearts that would take years to heal.

She stopped her pacing in front of the couch and looked at the two men that had unknowingly stolen her heart. "When I first met you both, I had no idea what was happening to me."

"What do you mean, love?" Nik asked gently.

"It started around Elijah first, my stomach would feel tingly and I would blush and feel light headed." Elena explained. "Then it started to happen around Nik as well and I asked my Aunt if I was sick or dying. She told me that I was in love with you both, I didn't really believe her at first but after I spent more time with you both I finally accepted that she was right."

"Does this mean...?" Elijah was up and at her side faster than she could blink.

"That I love you both too? Yes." Elena nodded but held up her hand when Elijah was about to talk. "But what if I agree to this and then something happens to me and you two are left with broken hearts? I could never hurt you like that. Or what if something happened to you both? What would I do then? I could not bear the thought"

"Nothing's going to happen to you or us." Nik assured her with certainty as he walked up to her.

"You can't know that Nik." Elena protested. "In case you've missed it, our lives isn't exactly a dance on roses."

"Is that your only concern?" Elijah asked.

"Yes, but..." Elena started but was interrupted by Elijah's lips against hers.

Elena felt like an electric current went through her body. The kiss wasn't demanding or deep, just soft and with a gentleness that made Elena go a little light headed. Another concern she had thought about but hadn't said was that she was scared that she would freak out when it comes to intimate touches thanks to Tanner and Brady, but Elijah's kiss just made all thoughts about them disappear from her mind.

"Wow." Elena said as Elijah pulled back with a smiled mixed smirk.

Before she could collect her thoughts, she was pulled into another kiss, this time by Nik. Nik was a little more demanding but still soft and gentle as he kissed her. He used a hand to cup her face before he pulled back.

"Yes." Elena murmured when she finally could think again.

Luckily both Nik and Elijah understood that she was agreeing to be in a triad with them and gave her a peck on the lips, both of them having bright smiles on their faces, making Elena blush and smile back.

"How about we go for a walk?" Elijah offered, then he smirked teasingly at Elena. "With shoes on this time."

"What?" Elena asked, she knew she had to keep up the lie about being in a 'trance' like thing when she found Finn and Kol.

"What do you remember about yesterday?" Nik wanted to know.

"It's blurry... I needed to find something?... someone?... There was a pull..." Elena made it look like she had a hard time remembering. "You both were in pain... I wanted to stop it... then everything is..."

"You walked out of the mansion without shoes and found Finn and Kol's coffins and then you were possessed by Death." Nik informed her.

"Huh, cool." Elena said softly.