The right neighborhood part 2

"Can I wear this?" Elena asked Jeremy when he opened the door to his room. Elena was wearing a dark blue, knee length dress with a sweetheart neckline.

"Depends on where you're going and with who." Jeremy smirked at his sister.

"I'm going to the grill with Caroline, Stefan and Matt." Elena told him.

"Then yes, you can wear that and you look really pretty in that dress." Jeremy smiled then he straightened. "I actually got something for you that I want you to keep with you in your purse or pocket or something."

Jeremy walked back into his room and pulled out a small bag from his bedside table. he handed Elena the bag when he got back to the door, looking slightly nervous.

"Oh Jeremy." Elena giggled as she pulled out a dark red knuckle duster from the bag.

"It's actually been soaked in vervain so you can use it against vampires." Jeremy rubbed the back of his neck.

"Thank you." Elena hugged him and kissed him on the cheek.

"I just want you to be safe, Lena." Jeremy murmured into her hair.

"I love you little brother." Elena sighed as she burrowed closer to Jeremy.

"I love you too." Jeremy hummed before he pulled back at the sound of the doorbell. "Have fun tonight and call me if you need anything."

"I will and don't get to lost in the wonderful world that is the internet." Elena chuckled as she walked down the stairs to open the door.

"Stefan." Elena smiled as she saw Stefan on the other side of the door.

"Hey Elena." Stefan smiled back. "You look beautiful."

"Eyes off my sister!" Jeremy called out with a smirk as he walked down the stairs. "I've always wanted to say that."

"Was it everything you hoped for?" Stefan chuckled as he looked at Jeremy.

"Nah, not really." Jeremy shrugged. "Would have been a lot more fun if you actually were here to take my sister out on a date so I could threaten you."

"Sorry to disappoint you." Stefan smirked.

"Are you two done?" Elena asked as she smiled while looking between them.

"Yeah, I was just going to get some coke form the fridge." Jeremy shrugged and walked towards the kitchen.

"We have those spicy chips you like." Elena informed him.

"Awesome." Jeremy called out. "Thanks Lena."

"You're very welcome." Elena smiled. "Bye Jeremy, see ya later."

"Bye Lena." Jeremy called back as Elena shut the front door.

"You know." Elena turned to Stefan as they walked towards the car. "You'd think that someone who was around when the car was invented would have one."

"Oh, I do have a car." Stefan said. "I just never drive it."

"Why not?" Elena asked.

"It doesn't run." Stefan shrugged, not really having a better answer. "You know, the last time I was on a double date was 1972. Hef and the twins."

"You are telling me that you went out on a double date with Hugh Heffner?" Elena gasped in surprise.

"Yeah, playmates." Stefan smirked. "I got Miss June."

"Good on you." Elena laughed.

Later at the grill Elena, Stefan, Caroline and Matt are talking and laughing, telling stories and just having a good time.