The Sun part 2

A/N: Before we get on with the chapter, I just needed to thank everyone who commented and voted for the last chapter. I was actually having a really bad day and all the comments and votes really helped, so from the bottom of my heart: Thank you! <3<3<3

Elena looked at herself in the mirror a few hours after she had woken up. The black dress she was wearing matched the shoes and earrings she had put on. She might not have liked John and she wasn't sad that he was dead, but she did feel grateful for him sacrificing his life for hers.

She didn't know if it was the elixir from Elijah or John's sacrifice or a combination of both but here she stood, ready to go to the hastily planned and compelled funeral of one Jonathan Alexander Gilbert, her biological father.

"You okay?" Jeremy walked into her room.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Elena turned to him. "Are you?"

Jeremy didn't say anything at first. Just walked up to her and pulled her into his arms, "I'm so happy that you are alive."

"Me too." Elena smiled then she smirked teasingly. "Even though I kinda liked being dead, it was peaceful."

"Lena!" Jeremy glared slightly at her.

"What?!" Elena laughed and pulled back from him. "I did promise to never lie to you."

"You're insane but I love you anyway, sister-mine." Jeremy shook his head.

"I love you to, baby brother." Elena smiled at him.

"John wanted me to give this to you." Jeremy handed her a letter. "And this." He pulled out the Gilbert resurrection ring from his pocket and gave it to her.

A few hours later Elena was left at the cemetery with Damon and Stefan as the rest of their family went home.

"So... what's the plan?" Damon asked as the three of them looked out over the grave yard. "The curse is broken and Elijah didn't come through with the promise of killing Klaus. How do you go about killing an all-powerful wolf/vamp and his two-faced older brother?"

"We are not killing either of them." Elena declared with a note of finalization in her voice.

"Elena, Elijah betrayed us and Klaus killed you." Damon murmured as he looked at her.

"I don't blame Elijah for not killing his own brother." Elena informed the Salvatore brothers. "There is nothing in this world that could make me kill Jeremy, not a single thing."

"What about Klaus?" Stefan asked, knowing that he would never be able to kill Damon either.

"First off, I agreed to be part of the sacrifice and second, I'm not dead." Elena smiled. "I didn't lose anyone and life is good."

"Yeah, about that..." Damon looked a little uncomfortable.

"Damon?" Elena and Stefan turned to look at him.

"While you were both at the Quarry some werewolves broke into the boarding house and..." Damon trailed off.

"And?" Elena had a bad feeling about this.

"One of them bit me." Damon pulled up his sleeve and showed them the bite. "It's actually more of a nip, really, but there it is."

"We'll find something." Stefan promised with a look of anguish on his face. "A cure."

"There is no cure, little brother." Damon said softly.

"There must be something!" Elena exclaimed with tears in her eyes. Even though she was still mad at Damon for the attempt kidnapping before the ritual, she didn't want him to die!