The right neighborhood part 3

Alaric knocked on the door as Elena and Damon waited hidden at the side of the house. As Alaric lied about his car breaking down to be let in to borrow the phone Elena had to hide her face in Damons chest to not make a sound as she did her best to not laugh, that was the most used trick in the book for fucks sakes.

As Alaric is let in Damon and Elena walked over to the door to wait for Alaric to come back.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Miss Gibbons said as Alaric opened the door for Elena and Damon. "He's not allowed in the house."

"I know that." Alaric said. "But you have to make an exception."

"Just get her out of the house." Damon snarled.

"Sorry not sorry." Elena reached forward and grabbed Miss. Gibbons arm to pull her out of the house.

"Now, Miss. Gibbons." Damon grabbed her and looked her purposefully in the eyes. "Tell me the truth. Are you married?"

"No." Miss. Gibbons answered dully.

"Parents, children, anyone else who lives on this property?" Damon asked.

"No, it's just me." Miss. Gibbons said.

"Good." Damon smirked and broke her neck.

"You were supposed to compel her!" Alaric glared.

"It doesn't work that way." Damon told him.

"She's human!" Alaric kept glaring.

"And Damon isn't and truthfully, if he hadn't killed her, I would've." Elena said as she pushed her way past Alaric and into the house.

"That is one hell of a girl." Damon smirked then he turned to Alaric. "Now, get out of here and get rid of the body."

Elena runs into an unknown man? vampire? Manpire? Vampman? Eh, whatever, he tried to attack her but she punched him in the face with her knuckled duster making him call out in pain and then while he was shocked, she stabbed him with a stake, killing him for good, and kept going to the basement.

A man is standing guard by the door at the end of the hall and Elena assumed that it would lead her to the basement and Stefan. She made herself ready to attack him with one of her vervain filled syringes but before she could Damon had already dispatched him.

"Nicely done on the one in the hallway." Damon complimented her.

"Thank you." Elena smiled and together they walked down the stairs to the basement.

"Elena." Is the first thing she hears as her and Damon enter the cellar. "You shouldn't be here..."

"She refused to be left behind." Damon informed him and was about to stake the dark-skinned vampire staked to a chair.

"No, no, no, no, not him." Stefan mumbled out.

"Whatever." Damon shrugged. "Let's get you down."

"There's vervain on the ropes." Stefan hissed.

"Elena, pull that." Damon gestured towards something behind Stefan.

Elena pulled at the rope thing and Damon caught his little brother as he sagged to the floor. "All right, let's go."

"Wait." Stefan said and made his way over to the dark-skinned vampire to help him.

"What's your name?" Elena asked gently as she helped Stefan remove the stakes from the dark-skinned vampires legs.

"Harper." The vampire groaned out in pain.

"Hello, Harper." Elena smiled. "My name is Elena and I wished we could have met under different circumstances."