162 Repeating History Candles

"So, you haven't seen her since the Halloween party at the school? Where you had a fight?" Sheriff Forbes asked Jeremy. "What was the fight about?"

"She wanted to get back together but I didn't want that." Jeremy shrugged, only telling half the truth. "She shouted at me for a while and then she stormed off."

After the interviews were done, they met up outside the police station, Matt walking off without saying anything but they didn't blame him. Jenna walked over to her car while Elena and Jeremy stayed to talk to Stefan for a little bit.

"You two okay?" Stefan asked them.

"I think so." Jeremy murmured.

"I'm fine." Elena smiled a bit awkwardly. She couldn't really come to terms with Stefan still having feelings for her, she didn't lead him on, right?

"Would you two want to come over later?" Stefan asked hesitantly. "I really want to introduce you to my best and oldest friend.

Elena and Jeremy agreed even as they walked towards where Jenna was waiting, "We'll be over later." Elena called back towards him with a wave.

XOXOXOX

Elena was sitting on the couch, crocheting, while Jeremy sat behind her at the kitchen table writing something, when Jenna sat down beside her.

"What are you making?" Jenna asked, still slightly shocked that her niece had picked up crocheting as a hobby.

"A jellyfish." Elena smiled. "You are wallowing."

"My wallow is legitimate." Jenna pouted. "I was dumped."

"Well, Logan wasn't even that good looking and you can definitely do better." Elena smiled at her aunt and put away her crocheting to be able to focus on Jenna.

"Thank you." Jenna murmured then she frowned. "But you didn't get a brush-off e-mail saying; 'I'm leaving town. See ya!'"

"Want me and Jeremy to find him and rip his balls off and make earrings out of them for you?" Elena smirked.

"We can even rip his intestines out of his ass so you can have a matching necklace." Jeremy piped up from behind them. "But that'll have to wait until I'm done with this."

"Why?" Jenna looked over at him. "What are you doing?"

"Homework." Jeremy muttered as he wrote something down. "I gotta finish this, I'm way behind and I have a quiz tomorrow so..."

Elena and Jenna looked at each other and then Elena smirked mischievously. "What do you think? Alien?"

"Some sort of replicant or pod-person." Jenna added.

"Well this alien/replicant/pod-person can hear you." Jeremy chuckled quietly.

They all laughed and when the doorbell rang Elena went up to answer it.

"Bonnie." Elena smiled at the person on the other side of the door.

"Hey Elena." Bonnie looked slightly awkward. "Can we talk?"

"Sure." Elena held up the door and waited for Bonnie to pass. "We can talk in my room."

"I'm sorry." Was the first thing Bonnie said as they sat down on Elena's bed. "I know I have been pushy and controlling and I promise to stop but I really miss my best friend."

Elena noticed that she didn't say anything about her judgy nature and her always thinking she knew best but still Elena smiled and hugged her. "I forgive you."

"So, what has been going on with you?" Bonnie asked after a while.

"Well everyone seems to think me and Stefan are dating, which we are not, we are just friends." Elena groaned. "I just want to think of something else."