Sacrifice the Katerina part 2

Elene didn't know how long she had been asleep when she woke up to an unknown noise. At first, she tried to fall back asleep but jolted out of bed when she heard a door slamming closed. She carefully walked across her room towards the door and opened it as quietly as possible as she walked out into the hallway.

As Elena approaches Jeremy's room, she looked around for anything suspicious, as she looked into Jeremy's room, she heard a noise behind her. Gasping Elena whirled around and crouched down into one of the fighting stances Damon had taught her.

Elena straightened out of the fighting stance when she saw a startled boxer clad Alaric looking back at her.

"Elena." Alaric mumbled embarrassed as he lowered the ice cream bowl he was carrying towards his nether region.

"I heard something." Elena told him in explanation with a smirk, trying her best not to laugh.

"That was us, I'm sorry." Jenna walked up the stairs wearing Alaric's shirt and running a hand through her hair.

"We didn't think anyone was up." Alaric said slowly.

"You mean except you?" Elena smirked and raised an eyebrow at where he was holding the ice cream bowl.

"Elena!" Alaric went bright red in the face.

"Don't be embarrassed, Alaric." Elena chuckled as she looked him up and down. "You have nothing to be ashamed of."

"And think about the silver lining." Jenna piped up, knowing Elena was just messing with Alaric. "Now you and Elena are even."

"Even?" Alaric looked between Jenna and Elena.

"You have seen her in her underwear and now she has seen you in yours." Jenna started to laugh. "That's only fair, right?"

"Absolutely." Elena smiled brightly.

"I'm just going to...go." Alaric walked past Elena into Jenna's bedroom.

"I'm sorry if we woke you." Jenna smiled at Elena.

"It's okay." Elena reassured with a giggle.

"See you tomorrow." Jenna said as they made their way to their respective bedrooms.

"Have fun." Elena smirked and closed her bedroom door.

She walked over to her bed and crawled under the warm blankets, turned on her side and curled up as she slowly fell asleep.

XOXOXOX

Elena was about to eat breakfast or rather lunch if you looked at the time, when there is a knock on the door. She sighed and looked sadly at her sandwich as she got up to open the door.

"Hey Elena." Stefan smiled at her as Damon nodded in greeting. "Can we talk?"

"Sure, but you'll have to come in because I'm very hungry and have a sandwich with my name on it in the kitchen." Elena walked back into the kitchen, not even looking if Damon and Stefan followed her. "There are blood bags in the fridge if you want some."

"Thanks." Damon smiled as he pulled out a glass to pour the blood in.

"So, what can I help you with this morning?" Elena took a bite for her sandwich as she looked at the Salvatore brothers.

"We went to see Kathrine." Damon told her as he sat down opposite her at the breakfast bar.

"Why?" Elena asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, we need the moonstone and Kathrine has it with her in the tomb." Stefan shrugged.

"You don't believe her, do you?" Elena asked as Stefan finished telling her what had happened when he and Damon talked to Kathrine.