Chapter 1: Kaden

I sit sleepily in my class waiting for it to be over so I can go home. I stare at the clock. One minute left. The same amount of time that was left the last time I looked. I swear, I feel like school is some sort of a time rift where time doesnt move.

I jolt upwards as i hear the bell finally ring. I grab my books and head out into the hall and towards my locker.

"Hey Sam! How was class?" calls a familiar voice from across the hall. It's Peter Parker, one of my best friends. He's basically my brother since he's lived with my family for so long. We first met when he joined the avengers and now my dad is making him go to school with me and take a break from the team. He says Pete has to get a chance to just be a normal teen. So until something big happens, and they need him, hes on leave.

Without even turning to face him I reply "What do you think? I learned all of this stuff before any of these kids even knew their ABCs. I mean were in grade 12 for gods sake. Give us some more complex mateial!" I rant "I mean you'd think that my dad would have me home schooled or just not sent me at all. Im smart enough to just not come here! I don't need this! But will he let me do that? No! Tony Stark always has to have it his way! He's too busy to teach me so he sends me off to public school where I will learn to 'fit in' and 'make new friends'! Fit in, my ass! I'm the daughter of a genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist for gods sake, of course I won't fit in! I already have everything I need! Why should I need the public school expetience or friends?"

"Well... If it makes you feel any better... I'm your friend." Peter says cautiously.

"Well, no shit, you are!" I explain "I just mean that I learned all of this stuff back before Tony took me in and could easily pass all of these classes without attending an actual school."

"I know, i know. You give me this rant ebery week. C'mon we're going to miss the bus back home!" Peter says. I slam my locker shut and follow him.

I push open the front door and walk out into the sunny yard of Augustin public school in the 'glorious' city of New York. We walk over to the bus stop just as the bus is pulling up. We pay and move to the very back, where there is actually room for us to sit. We end up sitting next to some girl in a blue sundress with sunglasses and a hat that hide most of her face.

A few minutes into the ride, the girl pulls of her sunglasses and looks me right in the eyes. Only then do I realize that it was Olivia.

Olivia is the daughter of Thor, the Norse god of thunder. Her dad didn't know about her until 3 years ago. He found out when she was captured, breaking into the palace. She tried to escape by using her lightning powers but that was when they realized that she was the daughter of Thor. Her mother died in a raid by the dark elves when she was just a kid but Thor has taken her in.

She is 193 but she looks 17. It can be confusing at times but were all used to it now. Since the civil war between the avengers, Thor has kept her on lockdown on Asgard. He wanted her to stay neutral in the whole thing so that Asgard didnt need to worry about earths petty problems. Asgard only comes to help when earth really needs it. But since she was on lockdown, she hasnt been able to see her friends, who were, of course, the other children of the Avengers. But she has found ways of making it to earth to visit us a couple times. So far she hasn't been caught. She has some favours that people on Asgard owe her that shes been cashing in to visit us under the radar.

My mom, Pepper, is fine with me hanging out with my friends and won't tell our dads. But my dad, he is a whole different story. If he knew that I was friends with Captain Americas son and Thors daughter he would kick my ass all the way into my workshop and lock me in there forever. My dad refuses to let me visit Cap's son or Olivia since the civil war. He hates Cap because He opposed him and hes mad at Thor because he stayed neutral. He's held a serious grudge ever since.

"Olivia!" I squeal quietly. "How did you get out this time?"

"Dad was busy with some left over dark elves hiding out on Jotenhiem and Hiemdell owed me a favour...so..." she says.

I pull the headphones out of peters ears. "Hey! Olivia's here!"

"Huh? Oh! Olivia! 'Sup?" Peter says pocketing his headphones.

"Wow, Pete. So excited to see me." Olivia says, unipressed with Peters lack of enthusiasm. "And I just felt like coming for a visit. C'mon this is our stop! Tye should be almost done with his dads daily training drills, we can sneak him out the back window. Let's go!" Olivia says excitedly.

Tye is the son of Captain America. We only found out a little while back that in the 60s Peggy Carter, Captain America's girlfriend, gave birth to a son, just months after Cap was frozen in the ice. The child, however didn't grow up like any other child would. He had the super soldier serum passed down into his DNA so he had all of the powers that his dad did. The serum caused Tye to basically stop growing at the age of 19 and he has changed very little since then.

His dad tries to keep him separate from the other children of the Avengers, since the war. Tye is usually training. And the only time when he isnt training, is when hes sleeping. Whenever we want to all hang out we get him to make an excuse to his dad and tell him hes going somewhere to train alone while hes really just hanging out with us.

Olivia is our mutual friend. She is best friends with both me and Peter, and Tye. Me and Peter don't quite trust Tye. Mostly because my dad doesn't trust him. We were friends before the war, but when Tye sided against us everything kind of just went to shit. We hang out with him anyways though because its more time to spend with Olivia.

We sneak to the back of Tye's house, dodging the security scanners. We tap lightly on his window and wait. He opens it right away and hops out.

"Hey! When did you get back?" He laughs.

"Earlier today while these two kids were still in school." Laughs Olivia, gesturing to Pete and I. "C'mon, lets get going! I have a great week planned out for us!"

"Week?" Asks Peter. "Our parents expect us back tonight. Where do you think were going?"

"We're going on a field trip!" Exclaims Olivia.

"Uh... How's that going to work?" I ask.

"We will make up fake permission forms for a week long field trip to... Umm... Washington! Yeah! That seems believable enough!" Olivia explains "And Tye, Since you don't go to school, you can just tell your dad that you want to head up to Canada for a week and train in cold weather. He will totally go for that!"

"Sounds good. But where will we actually be going for a week?" Tye asks.

Olivia looks across the group, smiling widely "ASGARD!"