Chapter 33: Olivia

I wake up, breathing heavily but trying not to move, as to not wake up patrick. Another nightmare. they aren not going away, but i have been lying to patrick, telling him they're all gone.

I lazily lie in bed for a few minutes until my alarm goes off. The clock reads 8:00. Shit... Today's the day that we have to fight Loki... Damn it.

I still don't move from where i lay. Patrick has his arm draped over my waist. He is still asleep. I lean back over and try to fall back asleep. I don't want to get out of bed yet... Or ever.

We lay there for a few minutes. I have almost drifted off. Then, the alarm comes off snooze and rings again. This time when i hit the button, i make sure to hit off, not snooze.

Patrick is awake now. He brushes his lips against my neck gently.

"Any nightmares?" He asks.

"Surprisingly, no, not tonight." I lie.

"Good. It's getting better then." He says optimistically.

"Do we have to get up?" I whine. Leaning into his arms even more.

"Yeah, I guess we do. Today is the day that i might have to kill my dad..." Patrick says slowly. He starts to pull himself up out of the bed but just falls back down in exhaustion. We lie there for a moment, in silence just taking each others presence. Suddenly there is a knock at the door.

"Go away! We're trying to relax in here!" I shout.

"You better be damn decent when i come in!" Kaden shouts. they open the door, dramatically pretending to be cautious.

"Shut up!" I laugh. "Of course were damn 'decent'! Don't you know what day it is?"

"Yeah! But do you? Me and tye are already up and have had breakfast! Now get your lazy asses out of bed and down to the mess hall! Time for breakfast!" they shout jokingly.

"Fine!" I say reluctantly, pulling myself out of bed. "Can i at least change out of my pyjamas first?" I ask, motioning to my shorts and tank top.

"Yeah, go ahead. Get straight into your clothes for the battle. Minus the armour part, well do that in a bit." they say. "Ten minutes and i want both of you in the cafeteria! YOU NEED FOOD!"

We laugh as Kaden exits the room and closes the door behind them. I throw on my red dress, that is meant to go under my armour. I add on some gold cuffs and a necklace too, just because the outfit looked too boring without them. I pull my hair out of my bun on the top of my head and it falls in loose curls, framing my face.

"Wow!" Patrick says as he steps towards me. He is fully dressed in a black suit, like Kadens, only that his is fit to his body type and powers. "You look gorgeous!"

"Thanks!" I say, fixing a set of matching gold earrings in my ears. "I like to look good when I'm kicking gods' asses."

"Well you're doing a great job at the first part, and i guess at noon hour we'll find out about the second half." He says. He wraps his arms around my waist as we stare into the mirror.

"What if one of us dies?" I ask.

"We won't." He says firmly.

"But what if we DO?" I ask again.

"It isn't going to happen! I wont let it. Neither of us will die, especially not you." He says, kissing me softly.

"Okay... We need to go to the mess hall, Kaden and the are expecting us there right now." I say.

"Alright, lets go." He says. He takes his arms off my waist and re fastens one of them into my hand. We intertwine our fingers as we walk together to the mess hall.