Chapter 14: Tye

"So..." I say awkwardly as we walk down the hallway.

"So..." Patrick says, in an equally awkward tone.

"How did you get a crush on Olivia?" I ask, trying to strike up a conversation.

"Um... I don't know... I just did? I guess..." He replies, even more awkwardly than before.

"It's not like it's a bad thing thougt... It's just... With her being Asgardian and all...sometimes she can seem...a little... Well..."I say.

"Yes?" Patrick says impatiently.

"Intimidating!" I blurt out. "Plus, you know, her dad IS a god... And not just ANY God, THOR! I mean, that's going to be quite a meet the parents night for you two... He could rip you apart man! Just say one thing wrong and all that's left of you is a pile of ash on the floor!"

"Yeah..." He says slowly.

"And... Olivia could do the exact same... Damn! You just better hope you never break up! That girl is tough!" I say.

"First off, we aren't even going out yet! She doesn't even know I like her! Second, it's great that she could rip me to shreds!" He shouts.

"WHAT?" I shout back.

"On asgard, the stronger a woman is, the more attractive asgardian men find her." He explains. "Men want to have a strong woman at their side in battles. Sometimes your men will leave you but your lover will not. They need to be equally, or stronger than the man."

"Wow!" I say, in shock "it's pretty much the opposite here on earth."

"Really?" He asks, shocked at the very thought of it.

"Yeah!" I say. "Back when I was a kid, in the 1940's, women weren't even allowed to be soldiers! Now they can, but men are much more respected, woman have to work 10 times harder to gain the same level of trust and respect from their team."

"Wow! Earth is strange! I cannot wait to learn more about it!" Patrick replies excitedly.

"Yeah! It's pretty cool!" I say "but I'd like to learn more about asgard! I mean your technology is centuries ahead of ours! It's amazing!"

"Sure! I can tell you all about it. Maybe, once this whole loki thing is taken care of, I can take you there for a tour!" He says.

"Really! That sounds awesome!" I say.

Just then we hear footsteps pounding down the hall behind us. We turn around to see the girls, in full battle armour, running towards us at full speed. Kaden pulls out their missiles and charges their repulser beams. Olivia stands beside them with her hammer in her hand, and a furious look on her face.

"Tye...step away from him! Slowly..." Kaden says, trying to sound calm, but I can tell that they are panicking.

"Why?" I ask "what is it?"

"Just trust me! I'll explain in just a second. Just please, step away!"they say. I see tears forming in their eyes and do as they say. I walk over towards the wall on the other side of the hallway.

"Patrick..." Olivia says. Her voice dips at the end of the word, as if it hurts to say his name. What did he do to make her and Kaden freak out like this? "Put your hands behind your back, and turn around... Slowly..."

He does as she asks. I watch in confusion as the events unfold around me. Olivia walks forward and places asgardian shackles on him (which she must have brought from asgard, and were probably meant for loki). Olivia walks him down the hall. Kaden follows at his side with their repulser inches away from his temple. they could blast his brains all over the floor if they wanted to right now. What has he done to make these two so worried.

They guide him around until they finally find what seems to be a shield prison cell. They push Patrick into the cell and close the door quickly.

"What was that all about?" I shout.

"We believe that... That..." Olivia starts. She breaks down crying and runs off to a room across the hall. She slams it shut. We run over and start to fidget with the handle trying to open it.

"Olivia? Open the door!" Kaden says.

Suddenly we hear a loud blasting noise, light pours out from all of the cracks in between the door and the wall and floor. We try the knob again. It won't budge.

"Stand back!" I shout to Kaden. I take a few steps back and run at the door trying to kick it down. But, given that for one it is a shield issue door, and that Olivia welded it shut with a lightning blast... It doesn't come down.

We hear Olivia sobbing inside the room.

"Okay! What is going on here?" I ask.

"We were doing some thinking about what happened in time square and we realized that I never even saw loki there. Olivia can't remember what happened in those last minutes of the battle, so for all we know she is just imagining seeing Loki. Also, even if she wasn't imagining it, what if he just used the same powers that his father has, to project moving images of other people. Or maybe even shape shift into loki himself. On top of all of that, when I arrived at the scene, Patrick was saying something over Olivia's body. I couldn't make it out. But we think that he was cursing her! I mean, usually a blast like that might have knocked an asgardian out or given them a bad headache, but instead, it put Olivia, in a 9 day coma!"

"Well..." I begin to say "umm... Wow..." I am at a loss for words.

"We think that Patrick is working with his father to take us down from the inside. That's why we locked him up! And the reason why Olivia is panicking in there is because she actually trusted him! Or... At least she wanted to... I mean, he was the only asgardian who didn't want to either get her back to asgard, or kill her... But I guess we were wrong..." Kaden says. they fall to the floor and begin to cry.

I sit down next to them and hold their head in my arms as they cries. "Shhh... It's okay, it will all be okay. We can do this. Don't worry. Everything is going to be okay." But now, after all of this, I don't even know if I believe my own words...