Chapter 31: Kaden

It took the healers only 30 minutes to get Olivia stable. We lost her for a few seconds after we brought her into the room but the magic that these healers possess is really quite remarkable.

They brought her back and now she is subjected to 45 minutes of bed rest. Only 45 minutes! It is apparently equivalent to 4-6 weeks of bed rest if she had not had the healers treat her. But with their help her recovery time is basically nothing.

The nurses say that she should be coming to any time now. Once she wakes up, she will only need to stay resting for 5 minutes more, just while the healers run their final tests on her to make sure she isn't still dying.

After that we will be free to leave and olivia will be completely healed. Nothing will be left except for a long scar across her chest from the stab mark. It will blend in though. She got a lot of scars from Loki torturing her, so it won't seem out of place at all.

"Kaden?" I hear Olivia's voice croak, drowsily from beside me. I turn my head and look down at her. "How long was i out?"

"You were in with the healers for a half hour then another 10 minutes of you being out while you were sleeping." I explain. "The nurses say that once they are done their tests on you (it win take about 5 minutes) then we can leave!"

"Great!" Olivia exclaims. "Ouch!" She jumps as a nurse removes a long needle from her body. It lead from the upper right side of her neck down to her heart. I don't know how it works exactly, but apparently it pumps some sort of ambrosia-like liquid into her heart to heal the wound. It is part of the reason why her recovery is so fast.

A few minutes later we are ready to leave. Then we remember that as soon as we step out the door, Olivia will be attacked by her followers with millions of questions about everything. So Olivia uses her new power as future Queen of Asgard to ask the healers to cover for her.

"Can you please tell the others outside that i am not to be spoken to or bothered. Tell them i am going on a relaxing vacation with no stress to help relieve the pressure and risk of having heart failure again. Please?" She asks the head healer.

"Of course, your majesty!" She replies. "But, of course, you already know that there is no risk to your health now. You are perfectly healthy and do not need a relaxing trip. Your heart is fine and stress wont hurt it anymore. "

"Yes i know this." Olivia replies respectfully. "But i would greatly appreciate it if you could still lie and tell them about the vacation and no stress thing... I kind of have to go fast and i don't have much time to waste by talking with them."

"Yes your highness." The head healer replies, bowing her head and curtsying. She hurries out of the room and makes the announcement.

While she is announcing the fake announcement, Olivia and i hurry off to her old chambers. She quickly sorts through her clothes. I pull my hair into a braid so it is not in my face. She throws an outfit to me and tells me to throw it on.

Once i have the clothes on i hear a light beep coming from the bottom of the shirt. The clothes start to shift to fit my body perfectly.

"It's body armour!" Olivia shouts from behind her changing wall. "It will keep you safe from burns, bullets, and heavy objects falling on the covered parts of your body. Pretty cool huh? Plus! It fits under your suit and all of you other clothes."

"Thanks!" I shout back to her. Then Olivia steps out from where she was changing. She walks over to me. Now she is wearing full body armour. She has a tight fitting red mini-dress that loosens around the hips. She has a hidden dagger strapped to her thigh and the tip pokes out from the bottom of her dress.