Chapter 22: Olivia

I flinch as Loki leans in and slaps me across the cheeks again. I taste the lasting flavour of blood in my mouth, that has been there for hours now, during Lokis constant torture.

I am cut and bruised all over my face and my arms have deep, bloody scratch marks running down them, from where Loki raked my arms with his fingernails, in frustration. My legs are dripping blood in the places where Loki has stabbed me with an impressive array of weapons.

Varying from his sceptre to the knives tied to his belt, to the metal bars that were in the piles of rubble that remain of this room in this old helicarrier that we're in.

"WHERE ARE THEY!" Loki wails.

"WHY DONT YOU FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELF!" I shout. Tired of his questions.

But of course, being rude to the person torturing you is probably not the best idea. And that comment probably won't get me a gold star in his books.

I grit my teeth together as Loki plunges his sceptre into my lower abdomen. Before pulling it out, he twists it around just to intensify the pain even more for me. I scream out in agony as he removes the sceptre. A gaping hole is left in me. My clothes are soaked in blood and ripped in many places from where Loki has stabbed and shot me.

Loki takes a step back from me and laughs. I glare at him, but he just continues to laugh. Not a happy laugh though, a laugh of pleasure and hatred all mixed together. It is a horrifying sound that makes me want to cover my ears and scream in some dark, solitary corner.

"You are one tough girl to crack." Loki snickers, a wide, malicious smile spreading across his face. "No! Really! I honestly thought that you would have cracked long ago! But you have lasted through 17 hours of my torture! That is impressive!" He laughs even harder. Then he turns to the avengers, who he has locked in unbreakable glass cells. "Who knows! Maybe if you lot had put her on the team, you wouldn't be in this situation in the first place!"

"DONT TALK TO THEM THAT WAY!" I scream. Loki refocuses his attention on me.

"Oh, sweet heart, you should know better than to be rude to your 'uncle Loki'." He laughs.

"You are NOT my uncle! My fathers family took you in and raised you. Then you betrayed them. If you were really my family, you would not be doing this to my father, or me for that matter!" I scream.

"Well, well, well. The little girl has a big mouth. You know what we do to naughty children who misbehave?" He snickers. I glare at him. "we punish them."

I spit in his face. And because there was blood in my mouth from the torturous times when he slapped my face or punched me in the jaw, instead of spit, blood sprays onto his face.

He wipes his face delicately with his sleeve, washing away the blood in utter disgust. That action may have just cost me my life, but it was well worth it so i could get in one last blow at Loki.

"That's it! Now you're going to get it you bitch!" He shouts. He grabs me by my bruised and cut throat and drags me over to where the avengers are locked up. Then he throws me to the ground. I should be using this as an opportunity to escape or attack him, but my body is too weak to move.

Loki turns away and presses a series of buttons on a control pad, behind me. I wonder what it has done, but then, i see it.
Green smoke fills the cells of tony, Steve, Bruce, Clint and Natasha. They all gasp for air, pounding on the glass, trying to escape... But they can't. Whatever this gas is, that has been released into their cells, seems to be weakening them, as well as suffocating them and causing various other affects. I look across the cells.

One by one the avengers drop like flies. First to go is tony, whose past with toxicity probably didn't help him. Right after comes Natasha and Clint. Then banner falls to the ground, curled in a ball in the corner of the cell, green goo dripping from him. I assume that this is why he couldn't turn into the hulk, the toxin must have done something to the gamma radiation in his blood. Finally the Steve falls to the floor, his blood covered hand runs down the glass as he collapses.

I let out a cry of shock and fear as i realize what happened. They're dead... All dead... But... No... This cant be real! this is all just my imagination! or maybe he used clones! or holographic projections! It has to be! It just HAS to!

I scan the cells. then i realize something... my father wasn't with them... he isn't dead yet! Loki has spared my father. But for what. Loki would not have just spared Thor out of mercy... He wants his grand finale! NO! NO!

He grabs me by the collar of me shirt and drags me back to my seat. He locks me into place, making sure that i cannot move any parts of my body.

Then he steps out of the room for a moment. But when he returns, he is not alone. My father is in his hands. Weakened by, most likely, a smaller dose of what he gave the others. Loki throws my father down at my feet.

"Now... Little girl... You will tell me where your friends are, or i will give your father a far more painful death than his fellow avengers had. WHERE ARE YOUR FRIENDS?" He screams. I remain silent. I will not tell this longer where they are. If i do the. He will simply torture or kill them. I would willingly take on centuries of torture, than let them have to withstand one second of it.

"Fine! you are unwilling to tell me! Then your father shall pay the price!" Loki says. My father looks up at me, his eyes meeting mine.

"Im so sorry father. But I cannot tell him where they are. He will only kill them and myself. Please, understand." I say softly.

"I understand, my darling. I only wish i had had more time with you. We had only two short years to know one another. But in that short time, i have loved you immensely, i only wish i could have loved you even more..." My father says slowly.

"As do i, father..." I cry.

"As do i, father!" Loki mocks, in a high pitched girlish voice, that sounds nothing like my own. His voice returns to normal "now, it is time for you to die brother."

"Please, brother, we can find another way! We can work this out! We ca-" my father begins, but he is cut short as Loki stabs his sceptre through my fathers chest, right through his heart. With his final breath, my father turns and looks up at me. He stares at me with his piercing blue eyes, so much like my own. Then, slowly, the colour fades from them. They go from being bright and mystical, to being dark and blank, as his life leaves him.

I scream, and fight my restraints, wanting so much just to break free and help my father. I want to hold him and tell him that all will be fine. But as Loki undoes my restraints and drags me away from my fathers bloody corpse i realize that i will never be able to see my father again.

Loki throws me into a dark room at the end of the hallway. He slams the door shut and locks it. I drag myself into the corner of the room, my body shivering from the dampness of the room and the shock of what i had just witnessed. I pull my legs up against my chest and rock slightly back and forth, trying to comprehend what I have just seen.

They are all dead. My father is dead. sammi and tye's fathers are dead. All of the avengers are dead. All that is left now is us.