Chapter 12: Patrick

After 3 or so hours we finally arrive at the base. It is against the base of a mountain with just a small door sticking out. The door is a dark blue colour with, what I can only assume to be, a scratched up shield logo in messy white paint. We all step out of the car silently and walk up to the door. Kaden takes a look at the keypad on the side of the door and runs back to the truck. When they return, they have a small device with them. They place it over the keypad and begin to type furiously.

After a few seconds the doors slide open. We all walk back to the truck and grab our gear, then we walk in and find a very small room. It is lined with benches. Each spot has a military grade seat harness attached to it. We all sit down on the benches and Kaden does up their harness.

"Why are you putting that on? It's not like they're going to launch us into space or drop us to the center of the earth." Olivia says.

"I know, but if they're here, and I'm a fragile human being without any powers, I'm going to put them on." they replies.

"Okay, fair enough" I say. Just then the doors at the front of the room close.

"What's going on?" Tye asks. Just then the elevator lurches upward. We all scream as me, olivia and Tye are pulled towards the ground from the force of the movement. Then the room stops moving. We all begin to stand up, except for kaden who is laughing at all of us for how stupid we looked. Then the room shoots in the other direction, down.

We all scream as we are thrown into the air and stuck to the ceiling of the room. Except for kaden who is still sitting safely in their seat harness and apparently having fun with our pain. they arent screaming, theyre laughing! Me, Olivia and Tye try to remove ourselves from the ceiling, but every attempt just gets us more crumpled together.

After, what felt like, an eternity, had passed, the room finally stopped and myself, Olivia and Tye are all thrown onto the floor. We scurry out of the room. kaden calmly unbuckles their harness and skips out.

"That...is not... A room! That is a hell hole!" Tye shouts.

"That... That... Was... An elevator." Kaden says, mocking Tyes terror. We all laugh. "Oh! But you should have seen your faces! They were priceless! I wish I had filmed that! We totally could have won Americas Funniest Home Videos with an entry like that!" they laugh.

"Yeah, yeah! If I ever find out that you filmed that and put it on AFV! I WILL KILL YOU! I don't care if you're my girlfriend or not!" Tye jokes "you'll die!"

"Really?" Kaden says, faking sadness.

"No, are you kidding? I can't kill you!" Tye says.

"Yay!" Kaden says, hugging Tye and giving him a kiss on the cheek. I look over to Olivia to hopefully see some sort of reaction that she has, perhaps indicating that she remembers what happened in time square. But, sure enough, she is standing there, polishing her hammer.

Ugh! Why can't she just remember! Shit! Wait... Did I use 'shit' correctly? Yeah, probably! Tye taught me on the ride here what it meant, that seems to be the right way to use it.

"Security breach! Security breach!" Says a female voice says over the monitors. we all turn to each other. The room is silent except for the sound of the voice. No one is laughing anymore . We all run to the room where the noise is centralizing from. It is a control room. It is filled with computers and giant screens all over the walls.

Kaden runs over to one of the computers in the middle of the room. they begin to type furiously on the holographic keyboard that pops up. Within minutes the alarm is shut off.

"Oh!" Kaden exclaims. "Look what I found!" they click a link and the security feed from the elevator pops up. No one is in the elevator though. We watch for several seconds, then we see ourselves walk into the elevator.

"Oh no!" Tye shouts, covering his face in shame.

"No!" Olivia squeals.

"Oh shit..." I mutter. The video continues. We see Kaden buckle up her harness. Then the camera angle shifts just in time to show us sticking to the floor. Then it switches again to show us on the cieling. Kaden laughs as she whips out one of the spare USBs that they always keeps on their person. they insert it into the computer and downloads the video.

"No! Don't save that!" Tye shouts.

"Too bad! This is to good! Sorry" kaden says, sticking the horrible device back into her pocket.

"Alright guys, I think we should split up into pairs and explore the base." Olivia says.

Yes! Finally! My chance to be alone with her! Maybe I can finally tell her how I really feel and what I said to her in time square! Yes! YES! This is great!

"Patrick? Patrick? Hello?" Olivia shouts "hello?" I finally realize what is going on and come back to my reality.

"Huh?" I ask.

"Come on! We're going to explore the base! You're with Tye. I'm with kaden." Olivia says quickly.

"Oh..." I reply. "Don't you think it would be better that we put kaden with Tye? I mean... They are dating..." I try to find any excuse to change the parteners. Don't get me wrong! Tyes a great guy, but I really want to be with Olivia, and I'm pretty sure, by the look on his face, that he wants to be with kaden.

"We JUST discussed this exact thing with Tye! He thought the same thing, but I told him that me and Olivia wanted some time to talk. I just need some 1 on 1 time to talk to my best friend, Olivia. Who, might I add, has been in a coma for 9 days!" kaden says "were you even listening to our conversation?"

"Yeah, yeah... Fine... That makes sense." I say. But it doesn't! It doesn't make sense! She is my friend too, she has been in a coma for 9 days for me too! I want some 1 on 1 time with her. Ugh! I want to tell them all this, but decide to keep my mouth shut, as I AM new to them and they may not fully trust me, for all they know I put her in that coma... They didn't see anything... Ok... Oh well... I'll just have to man up, and deal with this...

"Alright! Ready to go?" Tye asks as the others disappear around the corner. we stand in silence for a moment. "You know man, I didn't need to be with Kaden, but I knew up you have a thing for Olivia, it obvious dude, I was trying to get you with her, but I don't think kaden quite trusts you enough right now, to be alone with her in a new place."

"Thanks Tye." I reply.

"Anytime. Ready?" Tye asks.

"Yeah, let's go." I say.