Chapter 32: Tye

We all walk together into the training room. Now that Olivia has been healed and my cuts are stitched up, we are ready to train.

The room is actually quite impressive. We have added in a lot of new things since a target practice area with hindered a of different sizes and materials for targets. On the we first found it. we have managed to scrounge up some new guns, knives, missile launchers and 'ironman' suits.

On the walls there hangs various weapons, most if which i have never even heard of. Of course, Olivia knows the names of all of them and how to use them, since on Asgard she got to take a 'midguardian weaponry' course in school.

She pulls down a series of dangerous looking guns from the wall.

"Take a couple each. Ill show you how to use them, and we can bring our favourites out to he battle tomorrow." Olivia explains. She grabs a large chitauri gun that we found in the basement of stark tower. It was probably left there after the battle of New York.

She fires it at one of the SHIELD logos down the hall. It hits dead in the centre and causes a large burn circle to form around it, engulfing the logo in flames.

She bends over and puts the gun down. She picks up a new one. It is some sort of a sniper gun.

She raises the gun. The furthest targets in the shooting range are well over 100 feet back. We are standing down the hallway from the shooting range, another 100 feet or so away.

She quickly, in one motion, as if she didn't even think about it or take the time to aim, fires the gun. She didn't even bother to look through the scope. We all run over to the target to see where the bullet hit.

Sure enough, it is lodged in the direct centre of the target.

"Damn!" kaden laughs, pulling the bullet out of its place. they hold it up in awe. "Is it some sort of navigated bullet? Does it turn and move where you want it to go?" they ask.

"Nope. Just a regular old bullet." Olivia replies.

"Whoah..." Patrick says. "Where did you learn to shoot like that?"

"Lets just say i had a LOT of free time in my (almost) 200 years on Asgard. I had to entertain myself somehow! And my mom worked a day and night at the palace so i rarely ever saw her. I mostly hung out with my friends and for fun, we built a shooting range."

"Where'd you get the guns?" I ask.

"Some we built, some we took from the palace, and some, we secretly snuck off to other realms to get. My favourite was earth, because you have such a wide array and they are so easy to come by! They are practically everywhere!" Olivia explains.

"So are you going to show us how to use some of these weapons or what?" I ask, grabbing an awesome looking one. I raise the scope to my eye but i don't see anything through it. It must be faulty.

"I wouldn't use that one if i were you." Olivia laughs.

"Why not?" I ask defiantly.

"Because you're holding your eye to the barrel..." She replies. I drop the gun instantly. It fires off in a random direction as it hits the ground. The bullet clatters to the ground after crashing into a wall across the room.

"Shit!" I shout. "I could have fucking died!"

"Yeah... But you didn't... So lets get on with the weapons training." Olivia says.

We all grab ourselves a gun and head over to target practice. Olivia instructs us on how to properly hold and fire each gun. She also shows us how to balance the different levels of recoil.

This became apparently necessary after sammi fired a super high powered alien gun and ended up out cold across the room. She came to a couple minutes later but it was enough to scare us all into paying attention to the recoil.

We spend several hours practicing with the guns. By the end, we are all able to make a fairly good shot at the medium distance targets. Kaden can even make some nice shots on the far ones, since she is used to firing repulser beams, so her aim is slightly better than mine and Patrick's.

"Alright everyone. I want us to all get to sleep by midnight to night at the latest. I don't want any of us to be too tired to function in battle tomorrow." Olivia explains. "BUT, until then, i want you all to practice with some of the other weapons. I need you to have your favourite weapons picked out and ready for tomorrow. We will sleep in until 8:00, then we will get ready for the battle. Any arguments?"

A series of no's, nope's and all good's come out of the rest of our mouths as we run over to our favourite weapons and begin to practice.

Olivia grabs her hammer and begins to smash and electrify our practice dummies. Kaden taps her left sleeve and her suit flys over to her and assembles around her body. She begins to knock out targets alongside Olivia. Patrick uses his sceptre to stab and shoot the dummies. And i, take my trusty shield and a handgun and join the rest of the group.

Kaden turns to me and fires a long repulser beam at my shield. I slowly rotate it, causing the beam to reflect off my shield and destroy all of the practice dummies around us.

Olivia shouts to all of us to Kaden to grab me and Patrick and fly off the ground slightly. As soon as we are no longer in contact with the floor, she jumps up and slams her hammer into the ground a large crater is formed in the floor, but we don't care, because we are kicking practice dummy ass!

After several hours of strenuous practicing, our time is up and Olivia rushes us all to our rooms. We are all tired from our full day of practicing and are more than willing to go to sleep.

Once we reach the hallway with the rooms we say our quick good nights and go into our rooms. Kaden comes with me into our room while Patrick and Olivia go off to theirs.

We enter the room and quickly change out of our dirty clothing into sweat pants and a t-shirt. We hop into bed and turn off the lights. I wrap my arms around Kaden as we fall into a much welcomed sleep.

"I love you Kaden..." I whisper quietly as we drift off.

"I love you too Tye." She whispers in reply.

We both fall into a calm, relaxed sleep. But we are both still unsure of what tomorrow may bring. Both unsure if the other will even be still alive after tomorrow. We are both unsure about so may things. But I fall asleep only because i know one thing is for sure. That I love them.