Chapter 28: Tye

"What was that all about?" I shout to Patrick. I storm through the doors behind him. Kaden and Olivia just left.

Patrick continues to ignore me. He continues to march down the hallway. I jog up behind him and grab his shoulder to stop him. "Hey! Answer me! What the hell was that all about?"

"What was what all about?" He demands.

"You were talking to your girlfriend. She is going to another planet to be healed. She could DIE! You should be trying to stay with her as long as you can before she has to leave! How would you like it if she does up there and the last thing that you remember her by was you leaving her when she needed you?" I shout.

"SHUT UP!" He shouts.

"NO! You have no reason to have done that to her! She is badly injured! Kaden didn't tell her just how bad her condition really is. She is dying! If she doesn't get to the Asgardian healers fast enough, or they don't heal her properly, then she WILL DIE!" I shout.

Patrick turns away and breaks free of my grasp. He turns and sprints towards his quarters. I hear him sniffle and see him wipe a tear of his cheek. What happened at that truck?

"Hey! Listen. Patrick... What happened? What did she say?" I demand.

He turns around and looks me straight in the eyes. His own eyes are filled with anger and a very murderous look. He glares at me and he takes a step forward. His look of anger is quickly replaced with one of sorrow and pain.

"She called me a 'vile creature'..." He says slowly.

"What?" I ask, shocked at why and how this could have happened. Did patrick say something that she didn't like? Did he make her mad somehow? It doesn't sound like Olivia to call someone a 'vile creature'! He must have said something to make her pretty damn mad.

Patrick storms into his room and tries to slam the door behind him. But before he can ram it shut i throw my foot in its path.

"Agh! Shit!" I shout. Pain surges through my foot from the impact of the metal door slamming on it.

"Sorry..." Patrick mutters.he open the door slightly to let me remove my foot, but i don't. Because i know that as soon as i move it he will slam the door shut and hide in his room until he absolutely MUST come out. Ill get nowhere with that.

"Move your foot." He says.

"No." I reply.

"Move your FOOT, Tye!" He says, getting angrier.

"Make me!" I shout.

"You know i wont 'make you'! Ill kill you if i try to make you move! Im not going to hurt you Tye." He says.

"Good, then i guess ill just stay here." I say firmly.

"Last chance! Move your GOD DAMN FOOT BEFORE I MAKE YOU MOVE IT!" He shouts.

"Oh, so NOW your going to 'make me'? Huh? Well i think tha-" i start to say. I am cu off by a sharp punch in the face. I raise my hand to my nose and wipe away the small streak of blood, still keeping my foot in the door.

"You wanna fight?" I ask.

"Well it won't be much of a fight when im the only one actually fighting... But if thats what you want to call a beating then... Sure." Patrick says. I dont actually want to fight him because i know ill get pummelled but maybe i can hold him off a bit, at least until he gets angry enough that maybe he blurts out what this whole 'vile creature' thing is all about.

"Good. Then lets fight like real men. Hand to hand." I say, throwing my gun on the floor and removing my shield from its place, slung across my back, beside it.

"Okay." Patrick says, tossing his sceptre beside my weapons.

"Oh, and lets go to somewhere other than your bedroom door to fight. I think it would be a bit more fair if i didn't have to fight you as well as have to keep my foot blocking the door." I add.

"Sure." Patrick says. I let him step out of the way first and then i remove my foot from the door.

We walk out to the centre of the open room that we are now standing. We take our stances and glare at each other, trying to hide our fear of what might happen in this fight. I mean, were friends, i don't want to hurt him... Or for him to hurt me... Well too late to back out now i guess.

We circle around each other, waiting to see who makes the first move. I decide that its been to long so i dive in. I shove my fist into his gut. He gasps for a second, at a loss for air. But as i am standing, watching, (quite proud of myself for hurting a god) he attacks me back.

I guess i didn't a halt hurt him as bad as i thought. Well, leave it to the son of the god of lies and tricks to fool me.

He kicks me in the shin then pulls me into a headlock. I turn my body enough to push him off balance and he lands on his back on the hard tile floor. When i lift him up to deliver another blow i notice that the tile around where he fell is shattered.

I take his a handful of his hair in one hand to hold him down. I pull back my arm to punch him in the face but before i can deliver the blow he lift his knee and rams it into my groin. I stand up straight, dropping him from my grasp. He stands up and snickers.

"Dude! That was mean! We are men! You should be above that level of child's play!" I shout.

"Hey! It worked didn't it?" He asks with a sly smile spreading across his cheeks.

"BITCH!" I shout. I should have expected child's play,i mean, i am fighting the son of the god of trickery and lies. I lunge at him trying to hit him in the chin. He dodges and grabs me. He flips me onto the ground with impressive strength. For a moment i wonder where he got it, then i remember that he IS a god...

"Oh shit..." I say as his fist comes down on my face. He continues to punch me in the jaw and nose. Then i hear him start saying something to himself.

"She called me a vile creature! That bitch! Just because im part frost giant does NOT make me a vile creature! She doesn't know ANYTHING about frost giants! Not all of them are evil killing machines! Agh!" He screams while unloading his rage through his punches at my face. As he goes on his hits become weaker and sloppier.

Then all of a sudden he just stops.
He starts standing up letting go of me and turning towards a figure in the corner of the room. I try to make out who it is but my visions is blurry from the fight.

I prop myself up into a sitting position. Then i use my hand to wipe the blood off of my face. I rub my eyes, urging them to return my vision. Finally it starts to return.

The first thing i see is patrick taking cautious steps towards the shadowy figure. Then i begin to make out pieces of the figure. He is dressed in green and black leather with a matching cape hanging from his shoulders. In his hand he holds a golden sceptre.

His head is covered in layers of greasy, long, black hair. Which is topped with a gold helmet that vaguely resembles antlers. His eyes are a piercing green colour, that seem to look into your very soul. His lips curve into a malicious smile. The shadowy figure standing before me is unmistakably Loki.