Chapter 23: Patrick

I sit impatiently in my assigned seat beside tye, in the window seat on our flight to Hong Kong where the helicarrier is and where Loki is holding Olivia captive. Oh... And the other avengers too.

Kaden sits in the aisle seat on tye's other side. They hold hands, occasionally exchanging concerned glances to each other. I haven't said a word to them since i explained the plan and left the base. The whole ride to the airport, in line for tickets, and the flight so far, I have been silent. We left right after Loki began stabbing Olivia in the leg with tiny knives. She had been being tortured for 2 hours by then and by now, if its still happening, she should be at about 16 hours.

Our flight will be landing in Hong Kong in a matter of hours. Then we face the difficult task of locating the helicarrier and rescuing Olivia. I have been paying our plan over and over again in my head so much that i could complete it in my sleep.

We will scout the helicarrier's exterior first. Then once we find a good entrance, i will run in and find Olivia and i will get her out. Kaden and Tye will guard the door and work as lookouts. If i run into any trouble then i will call for them to come help me, using my hello kitty short distance walkie talkie that we picked up in the Asia kiosk at the airport in New York.

I try to get some sleep on the flight but i can't. So instead i plug in a set of complimentary headphones i was given for the flight, and watch some movie that sammi suggests for me. It is called "mean girls". It is actually a very funny movie and helps to distract my mind from the situation for a while.

Once the plane lands in Hong Kong, we hop off and run out to the luggage carousel. As soon as we see our duffel bags, filled with our gear and weapons (we used my powers to get into the security guards minds and get them to allow it on the plane) we grab them and run to the street.

We catch the first cab we see, using sammi and tye's New York cab whistle. We hop in and ask the man to take us out to the harbor. From there we will steal a boat and sail out to the helicarriers location.

After a few minutes, we are at the harbour. We pay the cab driver and sprint out to the docks. We jump onto the first speed boat we see. I use my powers to 'convince' the owner to let us 'borrow' it for a while. We speed off towards the helicarrier.

I still have not said a word to tye or Kaden yet. So i decide to say something "okay. This is it. We need to get Olivia back. So, we park the boat beside the entrance, after making a few circles around the helicarrier to make sure its safe. Then you two will guard the entrance and i will go in and rescue Olivia. We will take her back to the base as fast as possible and we will go from there. Okay?" I ask.

"Sounds good." Is all tye says.

"Yeah, sounds good." Kaden says.

We make out circles of the base and find a suitable entrance. Kaden parks the boat and we all hop out and onto the surface of the helicarrier. We all pull out our gear and put it on. We take our weapons and get ready.

"Okay. Lets go." I say. I sprint towards the doorway inside the helicarrier. Kaden and Tye wait outside it, weapons ready. I make my way through the seemingly endless maze of hallways and rooms. Then i see it. The room where olivia had been tortured in. I run over into it.

I stop immediately when i spot it. The glass cells where the avengers were trapped in are empty... No... Theyre not empty... I look to the bottom of the cells and see the avengers lying on the floor. None of them are moving. Some are bleeding and one is oozing green stuff... Then i realize that one is missing... Olivia's father.

I turn around and see the chair in which Olivia say as my father tortured her. Then I look to foot of it and see her father laying dead on the ground.

I inhale sharply, panicking slightly. What has he done? What has my father done? I look around and spot a small satchel of transporter seeds. I grab it and sling it over my shoulder as i continue on my way to find Olivia.

I begin walking down the hallway where her bloodstain leads. It is obvious that my father dragged her here, given by how much blood there is. Then the trail stops. It leads into a room on the right side of the hall.

I kick the door open. At first i dont see anyone in the room, then i spot her. She is sitting in the far corner of the room. Her legs are pulled up against her chest and her head is down. She rocks back and forth and shivers uncontrollably.

"Olivia?" I say, tears stinging my eyes at the sight of her. "It's Patrick. Im here to help you." She looks up from where she sits. She cries as i take her into my arms. I hold her tightly. "I will never let you go again. Just don't ever try to pull another stunt like that!" I laugh.

She burrows her head into my chest. I pick her up in my arms and begin to carry her out.

After a moment i hear her start to groan in pain. That's when I notice all of her injuries. Including a major one at her abdomen. It is a large gaping hole that is probably infected and is bleeding her out. She needs to get out of here and to the base so we can treat her.

I burst out the doors of the helicarrier and onto the surface. The sunlight burns bright in my eyes. I yell to Kaden and tye "quick! Come over here! I have transporter seeds! She needs medical attention so we need to go. NOW!" They sprint over.

As soon as they are standing next to us I crack the seed and picture the base.

In an instant we appear, standing in the hospital wing of the base. I gently place olivia on a bed as Kaden begins to examine her.

But, as i watch Kaden work on sewing Olivia's wounds shut and disinfecting her cuts, i can't help but acknowledge the sinking felling in the back of my mind. That, rescuing olivia was too easy. Loki should have been there. He should have protected he better or tried to capture us. But why didn't he?