Chapter 27: Kaden

"So you want us to take you back to Asgard, so that you can be healed and come back in time to fight Loki and stop the frost giant invasion? Im in!" I exclaim.

"Me too!" Tye adds.

"Guys... Im totally with you on Olivia getting fixed up, but I'm kind of a wanted criminal. If I'm caught there, I'll be arrested and then i can't go with you three to Loki, and he will send the frost giants here, to midguard." Patrick says slowly.

"Then we will have to go without you." Olivia states.

"Really? You're willing to leave him here alone for a day? You're willing to be alone for a day yourself? Really?" I ask.

"Oh no! Kaden you'll come with me and Tye can stay with Patrick! It makes sense. Plus the asguardian healers have already met you, and might i add they quite like you, since you were an easy patient. They are used to healing rude men who's limbs are hanging on by threads of muscle. So you, were a piece of cake!" She explains.

"Well then, i guess its settled! Ill go with Olivia and tye will stay with patrick here on earth and prep our weapons and plans for tomorrow." I say.

"Sounds good!" Tye says.

"Same here." Patrick adds.

" We'll be back by late tonight... Early tomorrow morning at the latest." Olivia informs Tye and Patrick.

************************************

Olivia seems to be getting slightly better. She can now stand and walk on her own for short periods of time. But if she tries to stay standing too long, she gets dizzy and has to sit down.

I have gassed up the truck and we are ready to go to the place where hiemdell can open the portal to Asgard, we say our goodbyes. Olivia hugs patrick tight and cries lightly into his chest. He holds her tight and whispers something to her that seems to calm her down.

I turn to Tye and embrace him. I stand still for a moment in his arms, taking in this memory. I try to remember every piece of it, so that while I'm on Asgard, if i miss him, i can just remember how perfect it feels to be standing here in his arms.

I take a step back from him. I hold his hand in my own, even as we leave each others arms.

"I have to go..." I say lightly.

"I know." He replies. He reaches over and brushes a piece of my long black hair behind my ear. "Stay safe."

"I will." I say. I lean over and kiss him. Then i turn and walk towards the truck.

Patrick is now helping Olivia to climb up into her seat beside me. He closes the door once shes inside. she rolls down her window just as I hop into the drivers seat. I shove my key into the ignition and the engine turns on.

The soft purr that my million dollar truck (that is tricked out with missiles,machine guns, a self destruct button, a parachute, and the best part... Built in wifi!) makes is just another way that shows how great it is that i am the daughter of a genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist... Or at least i was...

"You don't have to go." I hear Patrick say to Olivia.

"No. I need to get better that way i can help you guys to stop Loki from destroying midguard. I can't just not show up and leave midguard to the frost giants!" She explains "not only would i be endangering Midguard, but i would also be endangering all of the other planets in the nine realms. With midguard, the frost giants could double, maybe even triple their population. Then they could easily take over other planets in the realms.
Asgard, Vanenhiem, Alfhiem, even Nefflehiem and Hel! We cannot let those vile creatures take over the realms!"

"Yeah... Whatever... Have fun on Asgard... Try not to die before you can get back and rid midguard of these 'vile creatures'..." Patrick replies in an angry tone. He then turns away quickly and storms off towards Tye. He says something to him then Patrick marches inside. He doesn't turn back, just goes straight there at an angry pace.

"What was that all about?" I ask. I pull us off of the side road that leads from the base and onto the highway that leads to our destination. Olivia just stares out the window, ignoring my question.

"Seriously! What was it? He seemed pretty pissed!" I add.

"It's... Nothing..." Olivia replies quietly. I turn my head to her for a moment and give her a disapproving look. "It's just... I called the frost giants 'vile creatures'."

"So? That's what they are right?" I laugh.

"Most of them, yeah." She says in a serious tone. "But i kept on going on and on about how they can't possibly be allowed to rule the realms or explains their population... And I forgot that patrick is half frost giant..."

"What?!" I exclaim "oh... Youre screwed!"

"Thanks... That's reassuring..." She says.

"Yeah... I guess it isn't..." I say. We drive in silence for a long while until we finally reach the location where we will be taken up to Asgard. I hop out of the truck and runs round to Olivia's side. I open the door and help pull her out of her seat and get her standing. We walk together, slowly (with Olivia putting her weight on my shoulder) towards the centre of the field.

I look around me as i am engulfed in five feet of grass and flowers. Butterflies and bees fly all around me. I hold out my arm and a beautiful blue and silver butterfly lands on my wrist.

I stare at it for a moment as we come closer to the centre of the field. Once i step into the circle, left from other utilizers of the portal location, the butterfly flutters of my wrist.

"You ready?" I ask Olivia.

"As i ever be..." She replies. This must be hell for her! She knows that as soon as she arrives, everyone is going to be bombarding her with questions about her father and about Loki. Also, she is now the rightful owner of the throne of Asgard, since her grandfather and father have passed on.

She will arrive and instead of people helping and healing her, they will be bombarding her with questions and demanding for her to take her place on the throne of Asgard. This trip wont be easy for either of us, but especially not easy for Olivia!

"Alright... Then lets go to Asgard!" I exclaim.