Chapter 4: Olivia

As we make our way through the palace and towards the throne room I begin to panic. The whole situation is finally starting to set in on me. My grandfather may be dead. Loki may be alive and taking my grandfathers place as king. The only person who can save Asgard (if it even needs saving) is me and my friends. But we are only teenagers. Some more than others, but none the less, teenagers. We can't stop a war criminal like Loki! It took all of our parents and more to beat Loki the first time. There is no way that we can beat him alone and without proper equipment or training.

We come to a stop outside of the throne room.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Asks Kaden.

"Yes, it is my duty."

"Then we will follow you, at your command." Says Tye in his most soldier like voice.

"Good... well..." I say standing up straight "let's go."

I push open the doors expecting to see Thor, Odin and all of the guards inside. But instead, there is only Odin and a couple of gaurds. Father must be out on some sort of peace mission. He usually is nowadays.

I approach Odin.

"Grandfather, may my friends and I have a word with you?"

"Why, my dear? What is this about?" He responds in a curious tone.

"We just wanted to ask you something about the legends that you used to tell my father when he was a small child." I reply sneakily.

"Ah, yes. Follow me to my quarters." He signals us as he walks towards the door at the back of the throne room.

"Remember" i whisper "watch his eyes."

We follow him into the room. I quickly decide that I will attempt to make him use some sort of magic. Then when he uses it, we can watch his eyes and see what colour they change. Gold means Odin, blue means Loki.

"Can you tell us the story about the dark elves? Father has told me much about that one. He says that you use your magic to make the story more interesting and to help it come to life." I explain.

"Ah, yes. I remember that" he says as he pulls the book of of the shelf. "Here we are." he begins to recount the story of the dark elves. Near the end he begins to cause the pictures in the book to move and come to life around us. I quickly turn to look at his eyes.

I stare at them for a moment in disbelief as I see them flicker blue. That isn't my grandfather, that is Loki.

We wait until the story ends and we thank him and quickly scurry out of the throne room and back down to the prison.

I run to the end of the hall. "Go into the room at the end of the hall. The code word is avengers. Grab all of the gear you need for a battle. We will need it if we have to take on Loki." I tell my friends.

I turn to the cell where Patrick is locked.

"I'm assuming that since you are grabbing your battle gear, that I was right?" He asks as I open his cell and let him out.

"Yes, you were. Now hurry, before the guards return. Are there any weapons that you need for a battle? You will be fighting with us."

He looks at me and says "I have my own armour" he quickly changes his form so he is wearing green robes, like his fathers and gold armour. "But I do need my staff. It is like my fathers and I think it is locked in the prisoners armoury over there. it's where they keep the weapons of all of the prisoners down here."

I run off to the room with him and he points out the staff. He also grabs some small daggers from the pile of random, different types of blades.

We sprint back out to meet up with the rest of the team. They are all suited up and ready to fight.

I hold out my hand and my hammer (which is identical to my fathers) flys into my hand. We run up the stairs and burst into the throne room.

It appears as if Loki knew that we were coming back for him. All of the guards who were in the room, mere minutes ago, have now left and he is standing in the middle of the room holding a staff that does not look at all like Odins. The his eyes and staff glow a bright blue as he begins to transform back into his normal form... Loki. Now, it is time for our battle.