Chapter 17: Patrick

I sit in the back seat of Kaden's truck as we drive to stark tower. Olivia is still asleep beside me, her head gently resting on my lap. She looks so peaceful like this, much unlike she will be when she awakens and hears the news about Loki and Kaden's dad. We were going to wake her up, but seeing as we doubt that any of us will be getting much sleep for the next while, we thought it best to let her regain her strength.

She had fallen asleep in my arms when we were in the interrogation room. We had been talking for a long while, but it seemed that all of her raging around and using her powers, along with the fact that she was just recovering from a nine day coma, had made her very tired. So when Kaden and the broke into the room, i explained everything between me and Olivia (although i did leave out the part about the kiss) and they explained the whole Loki and tony thing. Kaden told me that we were going to go to stark tower to see if there was any clues as to where my father is now, left behind at the scene. I had picked olivia up in my arms and carried her out to the car.

It was a long drive to stark tower. Halfway there olivia woke up.

"Hey there sleepy head." I say softly.

"Patrick? Where are we? What's going on?" She asks groggily.

"We're in Kaden's truck." I say calmly "something wrong happened at stark tower earlier today and Kaden saw it on the security cameras so were just going to check it out."

"What was it?" Olivia asks, beginning to wake up, as she pulls herself up into a sitting position and rests her head on my shoulder.

"Well... Loki broke into stark tower and pulled Kaden's father under his mind control... The he took him away." I say slowly and softly, trying to soften the blow for her.

"Oh..." Was all she said.

"But... Um... Before Loki left he said something to the camera..." I say cautiously.

"What did he say?" She asks quickly snapping out of whatever sleepy haze she might have still been in.

"Olivia! Hey nice to see you awake!" Tye calls from the front of the truck.

"Nice to see you too." Olivia calls back. " how's Kaden?"

"Theyre doing surprisingly well, given everything they have gone through these past few days." Tye replies. "theyre sleeping up here with me. Don't worry about them. theyre a toughie. theyll make it through this."

"Yeah." Olivia says. Then she turns back to me "now, what did he say?" She demands.

I take a deep breath and swallow hard. "He said 'one down, five to go...' We can only assume that he is referring to the avengers... You guys' parents parents.."

"Well... Okay then... Didn't see that one coming..." She says, lifting her head slowly off my shoulder and adjusting it so she looks out the window. She makes it look as if she just wants to look out the window to clear her mind or distract her from the reality of he situation. But, i know that, really, she only looked away so she could cry without me seeing.

She tries to cry as silently as possible but every few seconds i hear the wimper of her inhale, her struggling to get in a breath between sobs. I reach over and put my arms around her. She leans back into them. Her cries slowly growing quieter and her breathing returning to normal. She reaches over and places her hand in my own, lacing her fingers together with mine. I hold her hand giving it a tight squeeze, just to reassure her that i am here with her. We sit like this for the remainder of the drive.

Once we arrive at stark tower, tye wakes Kaden. We all crawl out of the truck and stare up at the magnificent tower looming above us. Kaden takes a deep breath and leads the way into the tower. Tye is at their side the whole time. Just behind them follow me and Olivia, our hands still pressed together with our fingers intertwined,  as we walk toward the elevator that will take us to Stark's workshop.

When we are all inside the elevator Kaden guides us up to the floor on which her father had his workshop. We all step out and onto the cold, black marble floors. Kaden makes their way over to her fathers desk while Olivia and i walk towards the camera that had been obliterated by my fathers sceptre blast.

"Guys..." Kaden says, sounding as if they are going to be sick. "...you might want to see this..." We all make our way to the desk. I quickly notice a photo of them and (who i can only assume is) tony, sitting atop the Empire State Building in full battle armor.

Kaden looks over and sees the picture that i am staring at. they quickly grab the photo and shoves it into their coat pocket.

"I meant, look at THIS..." Kaden says. they pick up a picture off of the desk. It's crumpled and faded around the edges. I try to move in so i can get a better view of it. I see tye run off to the back of the room running his hands through his hair in frustration. KAden drops the picture on the desk and runs to follow him. I walk over to the picture, Olivia at my side. Then i see why he ran off.

It is a picture of tye's dad, steve or 'captain America'. I turn it over and Olivia gasps in shock covering her mouth as to stifle a scream. I take a deep breath as i read aloud the two words written on the back of the picture... "He's next."