Chapter 3: Patrick

"What?" The princess screams. "What do you mean Odins dead? What do you mean Loki is alive? answer me!"

I think for a moment about what I can do with this situation. I am in jail for trying to kill my father, who killed the king and has taken his place. This princess and her petty friends are at my mercy now. I hold all the cards. The only question left, is what do I do with them?

I look the princess right in her golden eyes and say "No." She stares at me blankly for a moment. Then I see her eyes starting to turn a bright blue and the gold ripples through them as if it were lightning. I hear blasts of thunder coming from every direction and the lights in the prison begin to flicker and spark.

Oh no. This can't be good. Not only does she have the upper hand, but she is drawing a lot of attention to herself. If she continues with this, it will only be a matter of moments before her father and more guards arrive. If that happens I will not be able to bargain with her at all. I quickly try to find a way to take back my 'no' without looking desperate.

"You know, I might have a deal for you. Mind you it will be hard for you to complete your half, but if you do then it will greatly benefit the both of us. Interested?" I say in my most mischievous voice.

"Maybe. But you still haven't answered my first question, who are you?" She asks.

Well, this princess should be easy enough to use. I can't see any harm in telling her my name, however I need to know hers too.

"My name is Patrick, and yours is?"

"Olivia, and they are Kaden, Tye and Peter." She tells me "now what is this deal you mentioned?"

"I need you to break me out of here so I can kill my father." I explain.

"I don't see how this benefits me. Even if you're right and Loki is only pretending to be Odin and Odin is really dead, the only thing that killing him will do is cause chaos here in Asgard." Olivia says.

"Ah, chaos. Such a beautiful thing. At times it can be harmful, but at other times it can help." I tell her.

"How can chaos help my world?" She demands, rage building up in her eyes again.

"Chaos can allow for your world to rebuild itself. It can help the people realize that it was the right thing to kill Loki. I know it may not make sense to you now, but in time it will. Loki may be peaceful now, but he will not stay that way forever. If he tries to conquer Asgard, it will cause even more chaos and not just on Asgard. He will continue to find new places to rule. We have him here, like a sitting duck. We need to get to him before he can try to make a move." I explain to her sincerely "this is my world too. I don't want to destroy it, or its people. Please, just help me."

She stares at me for a minute as if trying to tell if I am lying or not. finally she asks "how do we even know that you are telling the truth about Odin and Loki. This could all just be a ploy to get yourself out of jail."

Ugh! Why is this girl so hard to convince? "Fine, take a look for yourself. Odins eyes glow gold, like yours, when he uses his powers, correct?"

"Yes" she says sceptically.

"Well then, watch his eyes. Loki's eyes glow blue when he uses his powers. You will see his eyes occasionally flicker blue, since he is using his powers to maintain opens form. come back to me when you are ready to save your world and I will help you." I reassure her.

Her eyes turn back to their normal golden colour as she calms down. "Fine, but rest assured. If you are lying to me, I will kill you."

I put up my hands, as if to say 'yes, I agree'.

She signals for her friends to follow her as she makes her way up the stairs. As the doors close I know that my fate lies in my fathers eyes. If he doesn't slip up and have his eyes glow blue, I will be dead by sunrise and the whole universe will be doomed.