Chapter 10: Olivia

What's going on? Where am I? I stumble around the room. It looks like I'm... In the basement of stark tower! Yes! That's where I am! But... How did I get here? I don't remember at all how I got down here!

The last thing that I remember is being knocked out by loki... But... There's something more... What happened just before I passed out? It feels really important. I guess it is just mild amnesia from the head shot. It is probably only temporary and I will regain the memory in a few days.

How long has it been since the battle? I can't remember anything...

"Olivia! Olivia!" I hear a voice. I can't tell whose it is. It seems all mixed up. I guess my eardrums are just shot from the blast. I walk towards the voice quietly. I hold out my hand for my hammer. I comes crashing through the window on right behind me and right into my hand. I creep around the corner and see a figure moving around in the shadows. I can't tell who it is because it is so dark down here.

I close my eyes and launch myself towards the figure. I fly through the air waiting for the impact. BOOM! I smash into the person at full force, knocking them across the room and into the wall at the other side. I walk powerfully towards the person. Once I get closer, I realize who it is. It's Patrick.

I run over to him to check if he is okay. He grunts as he pulls himself off of the once smooth concrete wall, that now, has a massive crater of impact. Which, might I add, looks pretty damn cool! It is still crackling with electricity from my hammer.

"Oops!" I say quietly.

He finally pulls himself up into a sitting position. He looks up at me and says "well... I see you're awake... Ow... And obviously confused... Let me explain..." He looks at me. His expression shows relief, but it also has a trace of embarrassment and shyness... I wonder what that's all about.

"That would really help..." I reply "I think I have some slight amnesia from the last few minutes before I blacked out. I can't remember anything that happened after the blast. I remember feeling something big, and important happening, but I can't remember what it was... Any idea what it might have been?"

"Uh..." He stutters "I-I- umm..." What's going on with him? He's been acting really weird since I woke up.

I am cut off mid thought as we hear a thud coming from the west side of the building. I summon my hammer. I peek around the corner and see a figure standing there. I cannot make out who it is so I decide to do the same thing I did earlier, attack them.

I throw my hammer at them. Knocking them to the ground. They look up at me in pain and shock. Then I realize who it is... Tye... Damn! I'm having some bad luck with who I attack today! I've almost killed two of my friends already and I've only been awake for less than 10 minutes!

"What the hell was that for?" Shouts Tye.

"Sorry! Sorry!" I run over to him and help him up. "I am so sorry! I thought you were loki or something!"

"Yes, because loki would have made a quiet entrance through the secret locked window entrance." He says sarcastically. Patrick walks up behind me.

"Hey Tye, I see she got you too." He jokes.

"She attacked you?" He laughs. "Wow! Olivia! You really need to look before you hit someone with that thing! It hurts like hell!" He rubs his ribs, right where the hammer hit him.

"I told you I'm sorry!" I say "now will someone please explain to me everything that I missed?"

"Sure" Patrick says "come on, let's all go sit over here. Kaden should be back by the time I'm done filling you both in." We walk over to a set of chairs in the corner and sit down.

Tye speaks first "So how did you and Olivia get off of asgard?"

"Oh!" I say "I can answer that one! I jumped out of my window and broke him out of jail. Then we took a magical portal to earth!"

"Wow." Tye says. "When you put it that way, it sounds like the plot line to a really violent episode of 'care bears'!"

"Anyways!" I continue "we got Patrick and I some more earth-like clothes then we had Kaden pull the fire alarm on the Empire State Building then put it in lockdown mode. We had a nice picnic up there unt-"

"Wait!" Tye interrupts "you guys went on a date?"

"What? No!" I shout. I look over to Patrick to see his disgusted face, but instead I see that he looks sad and disappointed. I wonder what that's all about...

"Anyway..." Patrick mumbles.

"Right." I say, continuing with the story. "Then we saw a bunch of green lights and sparks flying in time square. So we went to check it out. Turns out it was Loki. He hit me with some laser and...and" that's all I remember..."

"I can take it from here." Says Patrick "you were almost blacked out and I went over to see if you were okay. By the time that I turned back to see if Loki was still there, he had disappeared. I carried you to stark tower and Kaden hooked you up to some old medical equipment. You have been in a coma for 9 days!"

"Oh my gods!" I shout "9 days?"

"Yup" Patrick says.

"But are you sure that is all that happened in time square? I feel like I should be remembering something more, something really important! Like, life changing important! Ugh! I just want to be able to remember!" I hit my head jokingly, pretending to be jogging a memory. The others laugh. "But seriously, was there anything else?"

"N-nope... Noth-nothing that I can rem-remember..." Patrick sputters.

"Okay then..." I say. I don't think that he is telling the truth, but I can't force him to tell me right now. I'll just wait. The truth will slip out sometime.

"So..." Tye says awkwardly "what do we do now... I mean... We can't just hide out in a basement for the rest of our lives! Someone will come looking for us. And I doubt that the basement of one of those people is the perfect hiding spot."

"I can fix that!" Kaden shouts as they enter the room. Tye runs over to them and they throws their arms around him. Me and Patrick look at each other in confusion, then back at them.

"Oh, yeah. We're dating!" Tye says.

"Right..." I say slowly. "That might have been something to have mentioned earlier! You know, when we were talking for the last half hour!" I run over to Kaden and congratulate them and give them a big hug.

They look at me closely and says quietly. "You okay? You were out pretty bad!"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I reply. "Just a bit of amnesia from the blast."

"Ah!" they say curiously "so you don't remember what happened after you were hit. Well, well, well!"

"What?" I ask "what is going on? What aren't you telling me?"

"Nothing..." Kaden says in a knowing tone. I know it's not nothing, but I also know that I won't ever get any info out of Kaden. So I return to my chair.

"So, Kaden. What is this big solution that you have for our housing problem?" Patrick asks.

"I was flipping through dads old shield files and I saw an old, abandoned, shield training facility that isn't too far from here. I took the liberty of printing us all passes to open the doors in the facility. I also wired some of the towers excess electricity to the facility that way we will have power." Kaden explains.

"That sounds perfect!" I say. "When can we leave?"

"Right now!" Kaden shouts " I went and packed us all some clothes, money, food and everything else that we need to survive on our own and sent it out into my private truck. We can take that to the base. I already disconnected the tracking devices in the car and the gps. So we will be off the map! We never you guys are ready we can go!"

I smile to her "Alright! Lead the way!"