Chapter 15: Olivia

I lean against the cold hard wall. I shiver and sob, while rocking back and forth on the floor. I keep repeating the same three words "this isn't happening... This isn't happening..."

How can this be happening? He was my FRIEND! I TRUSTED him! But all this time, he was just manipulating me! No... I don't know that for sure... I need to interrogate him. Then, if my suspicions are right, I can kick him to Tahiti.

I slowly stop shaking and crawl to my feet. I grab a hold of the welded shut door and rip it open. I March over to Kaden and Tye. "I'm ready to interrogate the prisoner." I say firmly.

"No" Tye says, equally as firm.

"Why the hell not? I ask, getting really pissed off at him. I'm not in any mood for any more bull shit right now.

"Because! You are too emotionally attached to him. When you interrogate someone, you want to be of a third or neutral party. Otherwise, the prisoner, can, and will, manipulate you with ease." KAden explains, in their most matter of factly voice.

"You two know him well too! We e all known him just as long!" I shout "he can manipulate you two just as easily as he can manipulate me!"

"That's where you're wrong. First of all, he is from your home planet, not ours. Second, you have spent more personal, one on one, time with him than either of us. So he knows you better." Tye explains "and thirdly, he knows your whole family and all of your friends. He could easily use that against you, perhaps he could even shape shift into one of them to mess with your mind more personally. He knows more about you, than he knows about both me and Kaden combined."

"I DONT CARE!" I shout.

"But we DO!" And, you are NOT getting into that room!" Kaden shouts. The two of them pull out and load their weapons. They stand between me and the door in a defensive position, ready to attack me. I stare at them in surprise and admiration for daring to try this.

After a moment I say "you have FIVE seconds to step aside, before I MAKE you." i say firmly. "I don't want to hurt you... But if I have to, I will." I expect them to run and let me in, but they don't. They hold their ground. "Okay then, FIVE!" Kaden shifts from one foot to the other, but holds her position. "FOUR!" They don't budge "THREE!" They stare at me fiercely. "TWO... last chance guys." Neither of them say a word. They shift into a better position to attack me. Tye cocks his gun and pulls up his shield. Kaden charges their repulser beams and trains them on me. "ONE." I shout.

I stand still as Kaden and Tye unload their ammo on me. Bullets bounce of my skin and tear tiny holes in my clothing. Kaden's repulsers hit me but do no harm. After a moment or so, I take a step forward, ignoring the tons of firepower being thrown at me. I swipe my hand to the side and both Kaden and Tye fly down the hallway and crash into the wall at the other end.

I open the door to the holding cell and step inside. Once I am inside, I close the door firmly and weld it shut with a quick blast of lightning. I turn around and see the face of the person that I am most afraid to face right now, Patrick's.

"Olivia?" He asks nervously "Olivia... What's going on?"

"Shut up! I'm the only one allowed to ask questions!" I shout. I turn around and wipe a tear from my eye. I take a deep breath and continue. "Why did you put me in a coma? Would it not have been much simpler to just kill me?"

"What? What are you talking about?" Patrick asks, showing what looks like genuine shock. I tell myself to remember that it is all just an act. He IS the son of the trickster God.

"Answer me!" I snap.

"I didn't put you in that coma! Loki did!" He shouts.

"Stop lying! How could he have done that? I'm asgardian! Small blasts don't put me in NINE DAY COMAS!" I shout.

"Well, that's because it wasn't a 'small' blast! It was a damn big one! Remember! This is loki were talking about!" Patrick shouts back. "Okay and just for a moment let's PRETEND that it wasn't Loki's blast that put you i the coma. What do you think did?"

"YOU!" I scream.

"Wel, I sort of established that much on my own, given that you locked me in this room and are now interrogating the hell out of me. I mean what do you think I did?" He says, as if i am stupid.

Who does he think he is? I am accusing him of treason against the heir to the throne of asgard! And he has the audacity to be rude and sassy and treat ME like I'm STUPID! That's it! He's screwed!

I flip the table sitting in front of me. I whip my chair across the room, I plants itself firmly in the padded walls of the cell.

"LISTEN!" I scream, causing the room to shake and thunder to loudly crash all around us. "I don't want you to LIE to me anymore! I just want you to tell me the TRUTH about what you were saying over my body when Sammi arrived in time square." I say, as calmly as I can, although it kind of comes out as like I'm a psychopath. "That's it! Just tell me the truth, and this is all over!"

"Uh... Um..." He sputters.

"Spit it out!" I shout. "What? Did you curse me? Well, if that's the case, don't be afraid to tell me because that's what I currently believe happened. So don't be afraid. Just tell me the GOD DAMN TRUTH!"

"I didn't curse you!" He shouts.

"DONT YELL AT ME!" I shout back "Well, if you weren't cursing me, then what were you saying?"

"I-I-I was saying..." He stutters.

"Yes?" I ask impatiently.

"I was saying that I loved you!" He blurts out.

Then the memory returns. I see him kneeling over my limp body repeating "I love you!". It's true... He isn't a traitor! He wasn't cursing me! He was just panicking! He thought I was dying and he admitted he loved me! Wait... Oh shit... He said he loved me... And I accused him of attempting to kill me... Oh shit... This is bad... Now I'm the one whose screwed...

"Oh my gods..." I say quietly. "I am so, so, so sorry! I totally overthought the whole situation and overreacted! I-I so embarrassed! I'm so sorry." I walk over to him "I-I don't know what to say..."

"Then don't say anything at all." He says. Then he leans in and kisses me. Usually if someone did this to me, they would get kicked in half and fed to the dogs. But this felt... Different. It felt good... So I leaned in and kissed back. For a moment or so after the kiss i just stood in his arms, never wanting to leave them. But of course, the universe, cruel as it is, chooses now, in what could have been the one of the best moments of my life, to cause absolute and complete chaos...